Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was very surprised on how well Anna was playing. Her returns are pretty darn good! Her volleys, IMO, are better than most of the top ten players thats for sure. Her serve was ok good slice, but Elena Dementieva proved that you dont need a good serve heh. I think she'll give singles another shot but I shes playing well enough to atleast be in the top 50.

·
Registered
24,240 Posts
she should at least give it a good try. she's still soo young, and i really believe she loves winning. anyone who saw her win that first round at the aus last year knows how much it means for her to get some respect and advance through a draw. it will take time, and her fans should be patient.

·
Banned
589 Posts
faboozadoo15 said:
she should at least give it a good try. she's still soo young, and i really believe she loves winning. anyone who saw her win that first round at the aus last year knows how much it means for her to get some respect and advance through a draw. it will take time, and her fans should be patient.
We all love winning.

What is the status of her back problem?

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
Why is she still hesitant on playing singles?:(

·
Registered
27 Posts
I live in Pennsylvania and World Team Tennis this Week was scheduled to be on FSN at 2:00 but instead it was some stupid "Victor Awards". Does anyone know why???

**Also-Who did they highlight this week on the show?

·
Registered
114,479 Posts
Anna has a one hour show tomorrow - She has biographies on ESPN, E!, VH-1 and -

Fox Sports Cable Networks will premiere the new installment of their candid, and revealing "Beyond The Glory" series featuring Anna Kournikova. This new one-hour segment will traditionally make its national cable premeire this Sunday Night at 8:00 pm. at all time zones then subsequentally telecasted at various times on the Fox Sports Regional networks during the week.

·
Registered
114,479 Posts
The one-time WTA star knows if she ever decides to play again on the WTA tour, it will be on her own watch and based solely upon her own decision. "I don't feel I have to fulfill someone else's expectations or need to get back other than because I love it," Kournikova said. "I just have to think about how I feel, I want to get playing competitively again."

Kournikova started playing tennis at the age of five and turned pro in the fall of 1995. She shortly gained the number eight ranking in the world, five years later. Although never winning a WTA singles title, she has gone 209-129. Her doubles career isn't too shabby either with a 200-71 record and 16 doubles titles to her name. One only hopes Kournikova can return at full strength as soon as possible.

"I'm trying to get healthy, to get back on the court," Kournikova said. "That's my goal, to play competitive tennis as soon as I can."

Kournikova appeared in the fourth round at the U.S. Open in 1996 and 1998, so the real question is whether the tennis public can expect her in New York for the tournament this year. "I don't really know," Kournikova said.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Wow Anna in fact played really well.. Her groundstrokes were consistent and she made some terrific shots at the net..:bounce:

·
Banned
23,113 Posts
I don't care about shows. I want tournaments.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Anna's doubles game is still very much intact and sharp. She should team up with Maria, they would make a great double's team. And Anna can be the big sister Maria never had

·
Registered
776 Posts
I think that it's hard for her to come back. What should be a good reason to do that? Money ?- she has plenty. Fame? - enough for her. Man?- she has Enrique. so the only reason for her to come back is .......
I really don't know , maybe just playing WTT is ok for her.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
10nisfanofruz said:
I think that it's hard for her to come back. What should be a good reason to do that? Money ?- she has plenty. Fame? - enough for her. Man?- she has Enrique. so the only reason for her to come back is .......
I really don't know , maybe just playing WTT is ok for her.
Like u said she really doesn't need tennis anymore. You're right she doesn't need the money, the fame, or a man. She has all 3. I think playing WTT and from reading all recent news it proves that she genuwinely loves the game and wants to comeback. I think that's why she is not retired becuase she doesn't want to. It's as simple as that. :)

Reactions: TatiAnnahølic
1 - 20 of 22 Posts