Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 153 Posts

· Veelieve!!!
33,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By Ossian Shine

NEW YORK, Aug 30 (Reuters) - Anna Kournikova's stint as a roving reporter at the U.S. Open has come to a premature end after the glamorous Russian found quizzing fellow players uncomfortable.

Kournikova, sidelined by a back injury, also told ******************* that she had been eating too much during her days spent roaming the grounds of the hardcourt grand slam.

Kournikova said she had not been comfortable putting fellow players on the hot seat.

She added that she had just wanted to try TV out and would not be working as "entertainment reporter" for USA Network next week.

Not many had embraced Kournikova's new role as reporter, the New York Post summing up her performance in a single headline, "Anna's TV gig makes her tennis look good."

For the first week Kournikova, microphone in hand, prowled the players lounge in a micro-mini, red bra and fur-trimmed boots giving viewers an insight as to what went on.

"It's her first time on TV and she's working hard," said USA Network spokesman Tom Caraccioli, when asked about Kournikova's performance.

"She is generating loads of excitement around the grounds. It's rock star-like proportions."

08/30/03 12:40 ET

· Registered
17,738 Posts
Well I thought is was dubious when she started, but anyway, I hope she has had fun, and can now leave it to the pros ;)

· Registered
2,961 Posts
Is this true? She wants to quit because she eats too much :rolleyes:

· Registered
17,738 Posts
Anna enjoys her food!

· Registered
14,307 Posts
Maybe she woke up and finally said to herself "I am tired of my tits and ass being used to make money for the WTA tour and I am not going to take my ass being used anymore" "Hell no I won't hoe, "Hell no I won't hoe"

Walking around with a Big mic in her face talking about nothing in a micro mini and fur trimmed boots is just too much. Won't somebody get this girl and get her back in to the GAME of tennis already?

Reactions: Mrs. Peel

· Registered
6,386 Posts
Dawn Marie said:
Maybe she woke up and finally said to herself "I am tired of my tits and ass being used to make money for the WTA tour and I am not going to take my ass being used anymore" "Hell no I won't hoe, "Hell no I won't hoe"

Walking around with a Big mic in her face talking about nothing in a micro mini and fur trimmed boots is just too much. Won't somebody get this girl and get her back in to the GAME of tennis already?
I don't know why I am even bothering to reply to you since time and time and time and time and time again you have proven yourself to be completely ignorant of something that people with an intellect greater than carpet lint call facts, but here it goes. SHE IS FUCKING INJURED! Her back has been fucked up for quite some time and that makes any consistent play on the tour to be impossible. She has stated that once she is actually 100% she will come back full-time. Until that time, however, she is stuck being Octagon's piece of meat.

People like you talk about her lack of tournament wins but fail to realize that you have even more dubious records, thousands and thousands of posts without saying anything of substance. And then have the fucking audacity to wonder why there is a lot of hatred towards a number of Williams fans on here.

· Registered
122,508 Posts
I think because the USA Network is not all sports like ESPN, Anna might have been hired just to get the word out to sports fans who are not tennis junkies.
This news made sports sections, sports radio stations, and sports internet sites.
It's possible this was never supposed to be for two weeks.
Although if Anna loved doing it, I think USA Network would like to keep her around.

· Registered
10,975 Posts
Infiniti2001 said:
The hatred towards Williams fans reflect more on those doing the hating as far as I am concerned :eek: :tape: :rolleyes:
no it definitely does not.

idiots ask for it. if they would just keep their mouth shut about other players instead of being attention whores, then wed have no problems on this board. this applies to every idiot fanatic of every player. and each group has a their own lil sample of idiots, some moreso than others.

also, if the classier fans of a player, didnt defend the idiot fans of a player just cos theyre fans of the same player and feel a bond, :rolleyes: there wouldnt be as much arguing either. just cos someone likes the same player you do, doesnt make them any less of a fucking idiot.

Reactions: GBFH

· Registered
6,386 Posts
decemberlove said:

idiots ask for it. if they would just keep their mouth shut about other players instead of being attention whores, then wed have no problems on this board. this applies to every idiot fanatic of every player. and each group has a their own lil sample of idiots, some moreso than others.

also, if the classier fans of a player, didnt defend the idiot fans of a player just cos theyre fans of the same player and feel a bond, :rolleyes: there wouldnt be as much arguing either. just cos someone likes the same player you do, doesnt make them any less of a fucking idiot.
Pretty much spot on.

· Registered
311 Posts
me wishs anna best of luck returning to the tour, or go to disney and see Sergei :lol:

· Registered
27,777 Posts
decemberlove said:

Very, very well said. *claps*

· Registered
14,307 Posts
I like to thanks those who gave me positive rep points for stating the truth regarding this sex job.

Now you dumbasses can go on and on all you like regadring how great Anna is in her micro mini .. but the truth is she is STILL selling her ass for a quick buck. I would have more respect for her if she were dressed as a profesional.

USA network put her ass in a mini dress and some boots and told her ass to work that tennis corner.

And the fool keeps on doing it.

And you folk still want to know why her tennis has not amounted to a hill of beans??

Steam and the rest .. Anna likes playing the media hoe more than she does hitting the tennis ball.

Wake up and stick a fork in Anna's TENNIS career.

Rotflmao at those who STILL think that Anna is taking her tennis seriously. This stint is it for me. So she played challengers and works hard.. BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Anna retire already!! Let someone else take that ranking spot.

· Registered
14,307 Posts
Folks like you who are in denile of my post are the one's who need to pop the much needed pill. Being an Anna fan prolly has most of you folks on valium,xanax,prozac,aricept and two tylenol and that is all BEFORE 6:00 pm.

Reactions: Meesh

· Registered
6,386 Posts
Dawn Marie said:
I like to thanks those who gave me positive rep points for stating the truth regarding this sex job.

Now you dumbasses can go on and on all you like regadring how great Anna is in her micro mini .. but the truth is she is STILL selling her ass for a quick buck. I would have more respect for her if she were dressed as a profesional.

USA network put her ass in a mini dress and some boots and told her ass to work that tennis corner.

And the fool keeps on doing it.

And you folk still want to know why her tennis has not amounted to a hill of beans??

Steam and the rest .. Anna likes playing the media hoe more than she does hitting the tennis ball.

Wake up and stick a fork in Anna's TENNIS career.

Rotflmao at those who STILL think that Anna is taking her tennis seriously. This stint is it for me. So she played challengers and works hard.. BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Anna retire already!! Let someone else take that ranking spot.
Once again, this is like arguing with a wall but here it goes.

SHE IS INJURED!!! How many fucking times does this need to be said before it gets through your very thick skull? Does someone need to stamp it on your forehead? Does it need to be spraypainted in the backseat of your Pinto? I am completely lost here.

I have had many many problems with the way that Octagon has represented her since they came on in the summer of '98 but what the hell do you want them to do when she has a back injury? She is still someone who has a great deal of name recognition so they are taking advantage of that. There is nothing wrong with that.

When I saw her on Tuesday, Anna seemed to be really enjoying what she was doing but I can see how it could have gotten awkward for her so she passed up on some cash and walked away.

Next time you open your well-used mouth, know the facts first. Then again, since it is you I don't expect that to happen anytime soon.

· Registered
14,307 Posts
You can't "SEE" anything as that point is clear because you are clueless regarding my two/three above post.

1 - 20 of 153 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.