· Registered
17,738 Posts
Go Kim!!!

· Registered
1,066 Posts
Great performance again Kim :bigclap:

· Registered
47,657 Posts
Nice win for Kimmie-girl....another semi! Not bad, now if only she could have won a slam!! :lol: :lol:

· Registered
1,301 Posts
Well done indeed, but remember 2 more to go.

Even if she doesn't get it this week she'll get it sometime.

Nevertheless this result is never lost. It allows her a huge backup in points whenever she fails to do well at a tournament she did well at last year, virtually guaranteeing a high ranking for at least the next half year.

· Registered
47,657 Posts
great smash said:
Well done indeed, but remember 2 more to go.

Even if she doesn't get it this week she'll get it sometime.

Nevertheless this result is never lost. It allows her a huge backup in points whenever she fails to do well at a tournament she did well at last year, virtually guaranteeing a high ranking for at least the next half year.
Yep and the thing comes: DEFENDING! A good year this year means defending next year....Kim better be ready for the Venus surge!!

· Registered
1,301 Posts
bandabou said:
Yep and the thing comes: DEFENDING! A good year this year means defending next year....Kim better be ready for the Venus surge!!

You don't have to agree with me here, but I think defending is more easy for someone like Kim who has has points much more spread out over several tournaments. At least she can afford a hick up at one or the other tournament. If she fails to repeat at many, of course she will go down.

However things don't get as bad as they will for Serena who will see 17 % of her points dissapear, just because she fails to turn up at one particular tournament. There's no room for error.

By the time Kim plays Luxemburg, a tournament she won last year, she'll most likely see no result on her ranking, play or not.
Of course I know Luxemburg is so much smaller than the USO, it's just to illustrate Kim has more room for error.

Hereby I'm not going into the debate who of the two is more likely to defend, just the consequence are more severe for Serena if she fails to.

· Registered
47,657 Posts
great smash said:
You don't have to agree with me here, but I think defending is more easy for someone like Kim who has has points much more spread out over several tournaments. At least she can afford a hick up at one or the other tournament. If she fails to repeat at many, of course she will go down.

However things don't get as bad as they will for Serena who will see 17 % of her points dissapear, just because she fails to turn up at one particular tournament. There's no room for error.

By the time Kim plays Luxemburg, a tournament she won last year, she'll most likely see no result on her ranking, play or not.
Of course I know Luxemburg is so much smaller than the USO, it's just to illustrate Kim has more room for error.

Hereby I'm not going into the debate who of the two is more likely to defend, just the consequence are more severe for Serena if she fails to.
And there´s where I think the ranking-system fails! Because Kim plays so much, she can keep swapping results and stuff....whereas someone like Serena who maybe has BIGGER results but plays less often, is victimized when she loses or fails to fully defend a result.

· Registered
3,305 Posts
bandabou said:
And there´s where I think the ranking-system fails! Because Kim plays so much, she can keep swapping results and stuff....whereas someone like Serena who maybe has BIGGER results but plays less often, is victimized when she loses or fails to fully defend a result.
That's Serena's fault...

· Registered
20,830 Posts
bandabou said:
that's nonsense. it's not that kim is a jelena and hides her bad results with good ones, there are no bad results

her only "bad" result in 12 months time is falling off next week. that's amazing :D

that doesn't change that tenniswise I still rate serena higher but kim deserves tons of credit for what she did the last 12 months :bowdown:

· Registered
1,301 Posts
bandabou said:
You could argue that it fails but then, you could also say, Kim has done more than her 17 best results reflect, probably by next week, she won't see the fact that she did make the final in Scottsdale (which would be an achievement to many) reflected or counted in her rankings.

However when things get a little tougher, or even injury comes up, she'll be able to fall back on that result.

She has indeed played 22, that's about 10 more than Serena, and though at the moment only 5 of those 10 come in to play, I think it's fair that Kim should be able to make use of things she did achieve earlier in the year (after all, it is a 52 ranking system).

You should see it as a reward for Kim, not so much a penalty for Serena.

· Registered
47,657 Posts
irma said:
yeah I include serena only because of the masters;)

still on that, Irma?! Cut the girl some slack!! :lol:

· Registered
47,657 Posts
great smash said:
You could argue that it fails but then, you could also say, Kim has done more than her 17 best results reflect, probably by next week, she won't see the fact that she did make the final in Scottsdale (which would be an achievement to many) reflected or counted in her rankings.

However when things get a little tougher, or even injury comes up, she'll be able to fall back on that result.

She has indeed played 22, that's about 10 more than Serena, and though at the moment only 5 of those 10 come in to play, I think it's fair that Kim should be able to make use of things she did achieve earlier in the year (after all, it is a 52 ranking system).

You should see it as a reward for Kim, not so much a penalty for Serena.
But why reward only Kim then?! It must be fair to both!

· Registered
47,657 Posts
irma said:
I never get over something. I mean I am still whining about steffi's results too afterall :lol:
If you´re complaining on STEFFI´s results, then you sure must be a THOUGH fan to please!! :D

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.