Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From her website: http://www.kimclijsters.be/

Looking forward to the Fed Cup 28-03-2006

Over here in Miami everything is fine. Of course, I'm disappointed after being beaten by Jill Craybas, but I enjoyed playing the doubles with Caroline Maes. It has been a while though since I played the doubles.

Later on, things will change probably, as we will be playing against Srebotnik - Asagoe, a pair that knows each other very well and that also belongs to the top 20 of the world. The extra doubles match is a good exercise as the doubles might be decisive in the Fed Cup meeting against Russia.

I'm really looking forward to be playing the Fed Cup in Belgium together with Justine. We'll have to be at our best as the Russians have two strong top ten players with Elena Dementieva and Nadia Petrova. I'll probably return from the US this weekend and then I can start preparing for the clay season.

On 22nd and 23rd of April, I really want to go all the way and, together with Justine, help our country reach the semi finals. I'l try and keep up that rhythm towards the French Open and - of course - for the grass courts of Wimbledon, for me still the most beautiful Grand Slam there is.

Meanwhile I read on the web that my former trainer Marc Dehous said that I'd better stop for a year. It doesn't really sound that smart, given that all possible arthritis and other problems won't go over a break like that, but it would only worsen them. The best thing for me to do now is to keep on going and quit the circuit in 2007. I have made my mind about that already a while ago. :sad:

As well, after one lost match in Miami it seems a bit early to me to jump to conclusions that quickly. So far, I'm fairly satisfied with my season this year. I won in Hong Kong, made it into the semi finals at the Australian Open and met a powerhouse Mauresmo in the final in Antwerp. What will the rumours be if in the future I'll be loosing more than one match?

Well, I want to focus on Fed Cup now. I hope you will support me and the Belgian team 'en masse' in Liege! Meanwhile I'll continue cheering for the Belgian men. The Rochus borthers are going strong!

Ciao,
Kim

·
Registered
11,190 Posts
snifff
she'll be missed by the players I think (except JHH maybe lol)

·
Registered
129 Posts
:( Thats sad news .. Im trying to sit here and be in denial but it seems pretty serious - I hope she reconsiders , WTA needs her ..it isnt worth much without Kim .. If she DOES quit in 2007 I hope she comes back sometime in the future ..

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
i would bet the end. i can't believe she is going to retire so early with all of her talent, it really makes me sad:(

·
Registered
15,101 Posts
Aww...I don't want Kim to retire! I hope she has a sensible schedule, is injury-free and is happy so that she can maximise her health, her body and her potential! :hug:

·
Registered
12,153 Posts
She's lying

·
Registered
24,441 Posts
Kim :hug:

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Kim say it ain't so girl:sad:

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
Becool said:
She's lying
No she's not.:lol: She wants to get married and start a family.....like Hewitt.;)

·
Banned
6,260 Posts
DelMonte said:
The best thing for me to do now is to keep on going and quit the circuit in 2007.
Best ever thing she's said! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts