Tennis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kim has joined the "Player to lose a 6-0 set in a Grand Slam final club". She is in very good company.

Others are:

Venus Williams (US Open 1997-Martina Hingis)

Steffi Graf (US Open 1995-Monica Seles)

Aranxta Sanchez-Vicario (Roland Garros 1998-Monica Seles)

Justine Henin (Wimbledon 2001-Venus Williams)

Natasha Zvereva (Roland Garros 1988- Steffi Graf)

Feel free to add any I might have missed out!

:wavey:

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
What about being the #2 seed and losing 6/0?

Venus was not even suppose to get to that final in 1997 so it is not nearly as bad as being the second ranked player in the world getting waxed 6/0.

Reactions: selesfan

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
yes but Arantxa won :angel:

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
So who has been seeded and ranked #2 and got waxed in a grandslam final 6/0.

Better yet who had 0/6 love bagels during the tournament being seeded #2?

·
Registered
19,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, Aranxta and Steffi both won those finals, despite losing 6-0 sets. But Aranxta did lose 6-0,6-2 to Steffi at AO in 1994.

Dawn Marie, I was just trying to put a positive spin on it for Kim.

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
....And I was putting reality on the whole drama. If you are gonna use Venus stats then I will USE Kim stats.:)

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
There was nothing positive about Kim's performance today. She turned in the worst finalist performance at RG in 15 years.

·
Banned
303 Posts
lizchris said:
There was nothing positive about Kim's performance today. She turned in the worst finalist performance at RG in 15 years.
Kim played terrible. She was used to dominating Justine. The last loss to Justine in Berlin was really close. I think Kim thinks she should beat Justine most of the time, and she had that attitude as the favorite on Saturday which came with a lot of pressure and expectation.

She doesn't know how to play against Justine when Justine is playing that well. Kim is used to dictating play against Justine.

Justine has raised her game to handle the power players like Capriati, Davenport, Seles, and Serena. Justine has reached a different level of consistency. Kim was not ready for it.

Kim was not in the mode of having to play long, high quality rallies that she would have to finish off with great shots. Like she said in the post-match interview, Justine was in much finer form because of her tough matches with Schynder, Rubin, and S. Williams.

·
Registered
19,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dawn Marie said:
....And I was putting reality on the whole drama. If you are gonna use Venus stats then I will USE Kim stats.:)
I'm not exactly a Kim fan, either! But, she seems like a nice kid. :D

I was just trying to think up of all the players who have lost a 6-0 set in a GS Final. Anyone we can add to that list?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts