Tennis Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That that Justine has won her first major, do you guys think that it will be soon or a long time until Kim wins one? I don't think there will be any added pressure for her just because Justine won but considering how nervous she was in today's final, I think it will be kind of hard for her.
Wimbledon and the US Open are the only slams left this year and quite frankly, I think it will be hard for Kim to win any one of these two slams. Lets face it, Serena isn't really Serena on clay and she will most likely dominate again as the grass and summer hardcourt season comes along. Even though Venus has looked vulnerable this year, when it comes to grass and american hard court tournies, she always seems to play her best.
I think Kim's best chance of winning a Grand Slam this year will be at the US Open. She definitely has the ability but it will be so hard for her to get through both Williams sisters, Justine, Amelie, and the top Americans. She has shown that on her best days she can beat Serena and Venus on the fast courts (LA 2002).
The only reason I think that Kim has a better chance of winning the US Open then Wimby is that Kim has shown more consistent and better results at the US Open and the hardcourt. I also don't see Kim winning Wimbledon this year because I believe it will be pretty hard for her mentally.
I really hope that Kim can win a major this year because the media will just make it harder and harder for her as time passes. Though her biggest chance this year, I think, is at the US Open, she will be a heavier favorite at next years Aussie Open because Kim has proved she can play on the Rebound Ace.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
I don't think Kim will win a major this year. The Williams sisters are dominant on faster surfaces, and the last 2 majors are on the fastest surfaces of all the majors.

Additionally, I don't think Kim is mentally prepared to win a major. She has shown that by blowing her lead at the Australian Open and by freezing in the French Open final.

Until Kim admits she chokes - and then works on it like Justine has - she won't win a major.

Since that can't happen overnight, and since the Australian and French are her best shots anyway, I don't think Kim will win a major until at least 2004.

I hope she wins one this year, but I don't see it happening :(

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
7,996 Posts
I think AO or USO is her best chance....I don't see her beating Justine on either clay or grass....

·
Registered
52 Posts
jenglisbe said:
I don't think Kim will win a major this year. The Williams sisters are dominant on faster surfaces, and the last 2 majors are on the fastest surfaces of all the majors.

Additionally, I don't think Kim is mentally prepared to win a major. She has shown that by blowing her lead at the Australian Open and by freezing in the French Open final.

Until Kim admits she chokes - and then works on it like Justine has - she won't win a major.

Since that can't happen overnight, and since the Australian and French are her best shots anyway, I don't think Kim will win a major until at least 2004.

I hope she wins one this year, but I don't see it happening :(
Well Justine's and kim's careers have been almost identical. So if everything goes according to plan...Kim should win a slam this year. (although I don't think she will).

The fact that Justine has won a slam will motivate KIM to work harder on ALL aspects of her game...like Justine has.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Rtael - there are other players besides Justine ;) It's possible for Kim to win Wimbledon or the French without facing Justine.

·
Registered
13,089 Posts
Sooner will be the best!!! COME ON KIM!!!!

·
Registered
235 Posts
She will do fine at Wimbledon! Don't forget that if she plays well in Rosmalen and Wimbledon, she can become number one! Maybe that's an extra motivation!

·
Registered
529 Posts
This lost final will only motivate Kim more, especially because it was against Justine. Their careers are very similar, it can't be just a coincidence. I think that the words "If Kim can do it, I can do it too" or "If Justine can do it, I can do it too" may cross their minds sometimes. I think that Kim has a good chance to win Wimbledon or the US-Open this year.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
12,324 Posts
XMan said:
This lost final will only motivate Kim more, especially because it was against Justine. Their careers are very similar, it can't be just a coincidence. I think that the words "If Kim can do it, I can do it too" or "If Justine can do it, I can do it too" may cross their minds sometimes. I think that Kim has a good chance to win Wimbledon or the US-Open this year.
Yeah, nice spoken! :)

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
K.F.C said:
Kim has a very big chance to win AusOpen 2004!!!
I hope so. That would be great to see Kim win our Open. :)
Who knows, maybe LLeyton can win too & we'll have a double :)

·
psychotic banana
3,022 Posts
I think sometime next year sounds about right. :) :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts