Tennis Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
She had a lot of injury problems, and the nail in the coffin was the changed ranking system which emphasized quantity over quality. Kimiko didn't like to play that many tournaments, so she decided to retire on a high note... Gaby Sabatini retired the same year; there's a great picture of them toasting each other on their retirements.

·
Registered
11,064 Posts
dinhd82 said:
Y did she retire at the height of her career?
I don't know if this is correct but the year after they were changing the ranking and she thought the best of 17 wouldnt be good for her body.

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
Her balls were bullets with butterfly wings

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Thanks you guys, I never knew that! I loved watching her play when I was little!

Here are some lovely pics of hers!

·
Banned
4,415 Posts
I saw her a few times on the ESPN sportclassics chanel and she was so cool :yeah:

Reactions: yakusoku

·
Banned
249 Posts
tommyk75 said:
She had a lot of injury problems, and the nail in the coffin was the changed ranking system which emphasized quantity over quality. Kimiko didn't like to play that many tournaments, so she decided to retire on a high note... Gaby Sabatini retired the same year; there's a great picture of them toasting each other on their retirements.
:yeah: You were lucky if you saw her play live because she had such a restricted schedule.

I was so happy that they had separate tributes for Kimiko and Gaby. Those cute Japanese children singing to Kimiko was such a nice added touch to the evening. :D

·
Registered
24,441 Posts
Kimiko :hug:

Reactions: yakusoku

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
Anyone know anything about her husband...the German or Austrian driver? Someone said something negative about him once but they seem very happy and have a child...

I WANT TO SEE HER OLD MATCHES AGAIN! I MISS HER!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts