Tennis Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
9,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With Kim the probable #1 seed at the upcoming U.S. Open, and Venus most likely not playing until then, it's conceivable that they could meet in the Quarterfinals of the draw or even earlier, depending on how other players perform the next 2 weeks. This could be a much tougher Open for Kim than everyone thinks...
 

· Registered
Joined
·
783 Posts
Or instead of Kim it might be justine
shiver shiver ....
Could be very intresting ...
A real test
 

· Registered
Joined
·
14,409 Posts
Unless Amelie, Jennifer or anybody else ranked below Venus overtakes her before the US Open, Venus will be seeded 4th and will meet either Justine or Kim in the semis!
 

· Registered
Joined
·
47,657 Posts
alfajeffster said:
With Kim the probable #1 seed at the upcoming U.S. Open, and Venus most likely not playing until then, it's conceivable that they could meet in the Quarterfinals of the draw or even earlier, depending on how other players perform the next 2 weeks. This could be a much tougher Open for Kim than everyone thinks...
Uhum, uhum....with Venus not playing she´s losing plenty of points and can end-up being seeded 5th and is a Kim vs Venus qrtr well possible! Only thing I can say: There goes Kim streak of semi´s at all her tournaments.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
783 Posts
But yet they all have to win their previous matches at the open before they can meet .....
 

· Registered
Joined
·
10,290 Posts
you obviously don't know how the rankings work

Venus has 0 points to defend this week, actually she's around 30 pts from Davenport, but Davenport has not points to defend either.

Mauresmo CANT pass Venus because she's defending freaking champion

Venus is garunteed the #5 ranking atleast for a month or so, unless Capriati or Mauresmo win the US Open and Venus loses first round.

Actually Venus is probably safe at atleast 5 for the rest of the year as Davenport is having surgery.

So if Venus holds seeding at the Open, she's the year end #4 if she doesn't pick up a racket for the rest of the year. Considering Mauresmo and Capriati
s fall tendencies.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
8,951 Posts
Too bad I'd like to see Venus get a big scalp prior to the semis.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
613 Posts
I have the feeling the US Open wants Kim in the final playing either Venus or Justine. With Venus on her half of the draw, they would have World Number one out in the middle of the tournament. But I can easily see Venus playing Jennifer in the Quarters and Justine in the Semis.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
24,565 Posts
alfajeffster said:
With Kim the probable #1 seed at the upcoming U.S. Open, and Venus most likely not playing until then, it's conceivable that they could meet in the Quarterfinals of the draw or even earlier, depending on how other players perform the next 2 weeks. This could be a much tougher Open for Kim than everyone thinks...
They can't meet earlier than the semis.

Remember, Serena isn't playing, so Venus is #4 seed at the Open right now. The rankings come out after Toronto, rather than New Haven. And Amelie's defending the house, so even if she wins, she won't make up ground on Venus. If you subtract all of Venus's point from now til the Tour Championships, she still has 4400.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
22,221 Posts
Mad-About-Venus said:
I have the feeling the US Open wants Kim in the final playing either Venus or Justine. With Venus on her half of the draw, they would have World Number one out in the middle of the tournament. But I can easily see Venus playing Jennifer in the Quarters and Justine in the Semis.
I disagree.

If it were Serena it might be a different story.
However, I'm positive they'd gladly give up the #1 seed to have Venus instead. I say the US Open want/need Venus(with Serena out) in the final playing either Beligian/Capriati/Davenport.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
6,631 Posts
mmcdonald said:
you obviously don't know how the rankings work

Venus has 0 points to defend this week, actually she's around 30 pts from Davenport, but Davenport has not points to defend either.

Mauresmo CANT pass Venus because she's defending freaking champion

Venus is garunteed the #5 ranking atleast for a month or so, unless Capriati or Mauresmo win the US Open and Venus loses first round.

Actually Venus is probably safe at atleast 5 for the rest of the year as Davenport is having surgery.

So if Venus holds seeding at the Open, she's the year end #4 if she doesn't pick up a racket for the rest of the year. Considering Mauresmo and Capriati
s fall tendencies.
lindsay is having surgery again? :confused:
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top