Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
20,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was going to pick Kim in striaght sets until I saw the h2h and how more ripped Mehgann has gotten, since I last saw her, which was Wimbeldon, where she went out early. I know Vera is no Kim, but Kim wasn't playing all that great today and could have had a tough match if her opponent was a lot better (Svetlana was hitting too many UE's and that is the main reason the score wasn't even close). If Kim plays the way she played today, I say Meghann in three tough sets, but if Kim plays the way she has played in the previous rounds, she will win in straight sets.

BTW, the h2h between Kin and Meghann is 3-2 Kim.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Kim is obviously the favorite.
However, Maghann just took out Zvonareva in three sets,
a match which many thought she wouldn't/couldn't win.
I think if she is on top of her game and Kim is a little off she could
upset the #1 seed.

Logic:
Meghann beat Venus 7-6(2) 6-1 in Key Biscayne about 5-6 weeks before her abdominal injury flared up in Warsaw. A hurt Venus was able to take Kim out in three sets(holding her to one game in the third)at Wimbledon. So, If Meghann can beat Venus and Venus can beat Kim,
Maghann should be able to beat Kim.

As I said if Kim is a little off and Maghann can capitalize on any chances,
I think she could take Kim in a tight three sets.

I pick Meghann

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Meghann is one of the most dangerous floaters of the tour (the other is Rubin). If she's on her game and Kim plays like she played today, she is able to upset Kim in three sets. If she's not, then Kim in a tight set and an easy set.

·
Registered
7,022 Posts
Kabuke that logic isn't too sound..you can't compare players like that. Chanda for example has beaten any number of players who have beaten Kim..yet Chanda has never beaten Kim. Kim isn't Venus.

·
Banned
928 Posts
Kim ofcourse.........she'll beat here easily in two sets ;)

3th round is here best result at the US open in six years.

Win/Loss on hardcourt

Percentage of matches won (number of tournaments)

5. Venus Williams 87 % (56)
2. Serena Williams 86 % (44)
31. Monica Seles 81 % (65)
4. Lindsay Davenport 82 % (80)
1. Kim Clijsters 76 % (49)
3. Justine Henin-Hardenne 74 % (44)
54. Maria Sharapova 71 % (14)
6. Amelie Mauresmo 70 % (53)
29. Svetlana Kuznetsova 70 % (15)
67. Stephanie Cohen-Aloro 70 % (20)

Other Top ten players

7. Jennifer Capriati 69 % (69)
8. Chanda Rubin 64 % (76)
9. Daniela Hantuchova 61 % (44)
10. Anastasia Myskina 58 % (48)

Kim did beat one of the eight best hardcourt players today(Svetlana Kuznetsova)........altough she didn't played much (15)hardcourt tournaments since pro.

21. Meghann Shaughnessy has a 52 % W/L rekord in 88 hardcourt tournaments.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meghann Shaughnessy hardcourt tournaments played recently!

San Diego, California, USA
July 28, 2003
Surface: Hardcourt
Round Opponent W/L Score
R64 Bye
R32 Marion Bartoli (FRA) L 6-3 6-7(5) 5-7

Los Angeles, California, USA
August 04, 2003
Round Opponent W/L Score
R64 Bye
R32 Fabiola Zuluaga (COL) W 3-6 6-3 7-6(4)
R16 Amanda Coetzer (RSA) L 6-7(5) 3-6

New Haven, Connecticut, USA
August 18, 2003
Round Opponent W/L Score
R32 Jelena Dokic (YUG) L 2-6 4-6

·
Registered
8,599 Posts
Nemesis said:
Meghann is one of the most dangerous floaters of the tour (the other is Rubin). If she's on her game and Kim plays like she played today, she is able to upset Kim in three sets. If she's not, then Kim in a tight set and an easy set.
LOL!!! didnt rubin sink in round 1? :smash: what a dangerous floater she was!!

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
I was going to pick Kim in striaght sets until I saw the h2h and how more ripped Mehgann has gotten, since I last saw her, which was Wimbeldon, where she went out early. I know Vera is no Kim, but Kim wasn't playing all that great today and could have had a tough match if her opponent was a lot better (Svetlana was hitting too many UE's and that is the main reason the score wasn't even close). If Kim plays the way she played today, I say Meghann in three tough sets, but if Kim plays the way she has played in the previous rounds, she will win in straight sets.

BTW, the h2h between Kin and Meghann is 3-2 Kim.
kim also made tons of errors! she got me annoyed with those easy mistakes... but it was all gone when she finished the match with a beautiful drop shot! clever!

Go KIM
:bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap:

·
Registered
8,599 Posts
Even though I thought Kim played pretty much like pants today, I cant see her losing to Meghan.

Am I the only one who thought Kim played like pants (while winning comfortably?) The Sky pundits afterwards spent the whole time how easily she'd won and Sam Smith went so far as to say that Kim is the Andre Agassi of the women's event. Ooooh, I hope she's right.

Go Kimbo

:yeah:

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
fifiricci said:
LOL!!! didnt rubin sink in round 1? :smash: what a dangerous floater she was!!
I didn't say in this tournament :rolleyes: A floater is someone that can play extremely good at one time and upset someone when you don't expect it. Rubin almost beat Venus at the US Open last year, beat Serena in Los Angeles last year and had easy back to back wins over Amelie and Justine at Miami this year. All on hardcourt.

·
Registered
20,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The person who is the most dangerous floater is Emilie Loit.

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
The way Meghann can win is to 1. be AGGRESSIVE 2. cut down on UE's and 3. Kim has to make UE's...

GOOD LUCK MEG!! :)

·
Registered
8,599 Posts
Nemesis said:
I didn't say in this tournament :rolleyes: A floater is someone that can play extremely good at one time and upset someone when you don't expect it. Rubin almost beat Venus at the US Open last year, beat Serena in Los Angeles last year and had easy back to back wins over Amelie and Justine at Miami this year. All on hardcourt.
Ok fair enough, pal, was only trying to be funny ha ha, not aggressive!!

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
fifiricci said:
Ok fair enough, pal, was only trying to be funny ha ha, not aggressive!!
Oh, it didn't come trough in your message. Beating the retard with the hammer is not a smiley to make fun in my eyes :p

Reactions: Lynx
1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.