Tennis Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
44,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Series is tied 10-10, but really JHH has owned Kim since the French 03. I think if Kim has any hope of doing well at Wimbledon she has to beat JHH. I just feel like she is completely disinterested in tennis right now. Or she's okay being the second best. She still competes, but she doesnt have the drive to be the best and win like she did last year. I think JHH will win, but I think Kim NEEDS to win to show she still has some interest in winning.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,118 Posts
doesn't matter tomorrow if Justine let's Kim ahead in their H2H....Justine will be more interested in waiting for Kim in Wimbledon, a grand slam match ;-)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,824 Posts
As a Justine fan, I want JUJU on the grass-courts of Wimbledon ASAP!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,131 Posts
I think all Justine fans are one in saying:

"forget Eastbourne...SW19 is waiting for Justine"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,843 Posts
They are 1-1 on grass but this was in the Netherlands where the bounces are a lot different than in England.

Justine looked devastating against Elena Likhovsteva while Kim really didn't need to do much against a self-destructing Francesca Schiavone.

But I don't expect tomorrow to be a repeat of the French Open semis.

What Kim's shots could not do on red clay will definitely be able to penetrate on the Eastbourne grass.

If Clijsters is dominate from the onset, she should have the advantage.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,906 Posts
I wouldn't say Justine has owned Kim since French Open 2003. She beat her at least twice, once during her most dominant year on the claycourts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Geisha said:
I wouldn't say Justine has owned Kim since French Open 2003. She beat her at least twice, once during her most dominant year on the claycourts.
03 FO
03 San Diego
03 US Open
04 AO
05 Canada -- Kim wins
06 FO

I dont know if theyve played another time, but that's 5 of 6 for JHH, and most of them routine wins. Only 2 went three.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,560 Posts
Go Kim!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,122 Posts
tennisIlove09 said:
03 FO
03 San Diego
03 US Open
04 AO
05 Canada -- Kim wins
06 FO

I dont know if theyve played another time, but that's 5 of 6 for JHH, and most of them routine wins. Only 2 went three.
Kim after '05 > '03 Kim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,914 Posts
Kim has not looked confident lately. She would have cleaned Justine's clock on grass last year. This year she seems to have lost a little steam. It doesn't seem physical...so she could conceivably snap out of it at any time.

For this reason, I think anything could happen in their matchups for the remainder of the year. I don't think anyone can be confident either way...and if so it's false confidence.

SF
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,733 Posts
Junex said:
I think all Justine fans are one in saying:

"forget Eastbourne...SW19 is waiting for Justine"
I'm not. I like it when Justine wins all the tournaments. Plus one more match isn't going to make a huge difference.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,906 Posts
tennisIlove09 said:
03 FO
03 San Diego
03 US Open
04 AO
05 Canada -- Kim wins
06 FO

I dont know if theyve played another time, but that's 5 of 6 for JHH, and most of them routine wins. Only 2 went three.
Here are their matches from the French Open in 2003:

'03 Paris F - Henin-Hardenne def. Clijsters 6-0 6-4
'03 s'Hertogenbosch F - Clijsters def. Henin-Hardenne 6-7 3-0, ret.
'03 San Diego F - Henin-Hardenne def. Clijsters 3-6 6-2 6-3
'03 US Open F - Henin-Hardenne def. Clijsters 7-5 6-1
'03 Filderstadt F - Clijsters def. Henin-Hardenne 5-7 6-4 6-2
'04 Melbourne F - Henin-Hardenne def. Clijsters 6-3 4-6 6-3
'05 Toronto F - Clijsters def. Henin-Hardenne 7-5 6-1
'06 French Open SF - Henin-Hardenne def. Clijsters 6-3 6-2

Henin-Hardenne leads the series from that time 5-3. Out of Henin-Hardenne's five wins, two of them went three sets. Yes, Justine smokes Kim in the Majors, but stll - that's hardly owning, in my opinion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,569 Posts
Geisha said:
Here are their matches from the French Open in 2003:

'03 Paris F - Henin-Hardenne def. Clijsters 6-0 6-4
'03 s'Hertogenbosch F - Clijsters def. Henin-Hardenne 6-7 3-0, ret.
'03 San Diego F - Henin-Hardenne def. Clijsters 3-6 6-2 6-3
'03 US Open F - Henin-Hardenne def. Clijsters 7-5 6-1
'03 Filderstadt F - Clijsters def. Henin-Hardenne 5-7 6-4 6-2
'04 Melbourne F - Henin-Hardenne def. Clijsters 6-3 4-6 6-3
'05 Toronto F - Clijsters def. Henin-Hardenne 7-5 6-1
'06 French Open SF - Henin-Hardenne def. Clijsters 6-3 6-2

Henin-Hardenne leads the series from that time 5-3. Out of Henin-Hardenne's five wins, two of them went three sets. Yes, Justine smokes Kim in the Majors, but stll - that's hardly owning, in my opinion.
:worship: :worship:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,131 Posts
Justeenium said:
I'm not. I like it when Justine wins all the tournaments. Plus one more match isn't going to make a huge difference.

Oh your so greedy...... :p

but actually i want the same too, i just dnt want to jinx Zhoosteen as i always do when i pick her to win.... :angel:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,570 Posts
Junex said:
I think all Justine fans are one in saying:

"forget Eastbourne...SW19 is waiting for Justine"
Very convenient. I wouldn't expect anything more from Justine fans :lol:
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top