Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://washingtontimes.com/upi-breaking/20030806-114125-4381r.htm

Clijsters nears No. 1 ranking

LOS ANGELES, Aug. 6 (UPI) -- Top-seeded Kim Clijsters crushed French lefthander Emilie Loit Wednesday, 6-1, 6-1, in the second round of the JP Morgan Chase Open.

Although Serena Williams has been atop the rankings for 57 consecutive weeks, she is out for two months after undergoing left knee surgery Friday. The absence of the sport's dominant player opens up the WTA Tour, but that does not excite Clijsters.

"I've tried to contact her management company, to wish her the best or send her an e-mail," she said. "Tennis is a sport, but you get to know the person, and they become friends, too."

With the six-time Grand Slam titleholder sidelined, Clijsters can assume the top spot in the rankings by winning the title here and picking up 60 bonus points.

Clijsters' quick victory set up a third-round meeting against 16-year-old Russian sensation Maria Sharapova.

·
Registered
24,565 Posts
Typical Kim

·
Registered
13,767 Posts
well serena is a much better person than the cheater and she's never pretended to be injured when she's played kim ;) :angel:

so no surprise

Reactions: vs1

·
Registered
432 Posts
Well, Justine didn't pretend to be injured against Kim, she had to change the tape on her blisters :rolleyes:
And it's her own problems if Kim prefered to play while injured in her shoulder last year.
Well, Money must be a big motivation :devil:

·
Registered
7,256 Posts
She is the sweetest. I love her balanced outlook and attitude on life. It'll certainly make her a more sane person and player at the end of the game. :worship:

I wish I could call and ask Serena's management company for her phone number and email address!!! :p

Reactions: Lynx

·
Registered
17,738 Posts
Kim is sweet, but if I were Serena Im sure I would take it the wrong way.

·
Registered
279 Posts
serena: "ow, daddy, veevee, look a "get well soon card" :eek:"

*looks at card*

Serena: "Damn it 's from that rotten Belgian girl... In the dustbin, I tell ya... In the dustbin"

·
Registered
15,484 Posts

*looks at card*

Serena: "Damn it 's from that rotten Belgian girl... In the dustbin, I tell ya... In the dustbin"

Venus: "Justine sent you a card?"

J/K :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
I think she means what she says. maybe they're not really friends, but it's known here in Belgium that Kim keeps contact with sporters who have a blessure or so, just to wish them all the best.

For her it's not a big deal, i think, she finds it normal. :)

·
Registered
7,022 Posts
bram_born84 said:

*looks at card*

Venus: "Justine sent you a card?"

J/K :D
LOL :worship:

You walked right into that one Greg ;)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.