Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's not official, but Kim and her coach said this on the Belgian TV-news:
"We're going to pull out from the doubles-tournament. The schedule would be to busy with 4 or 5 doubles-matches to go in a few days."

So, the rain has his first victims. The #1-team in the world stops playing in the middle of a grand slam.

The tournament-organisers took some strange decisions earlier this week with Kim & Ai's doubles-matches. But yeah, she really took the best decision!

·
Registered
15,226 Posts
With the rain and messed up schedule and both Kim and Ai still in singles, I think it would be a good decision to pull out of doubles.

·
Banned
177 Posts
Filip! said:
It's not official, but Kim and her coach said this on the Belgian TV-news:
"We're going to pull out from the doubles-tournament. The schedule would be to busy with 4 or 5 doubles-matches to go in a few days."

So, the rain has his first victims. The #1-team in the world stops playing in the middle of a grand slam.

The tournament-organisers took some strange decisions earlier this week with Kim & Ai's doubles-matches. But yeah, she really took the best decision!
You should only pull out of a match if your leg is broken.

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
With a better schedule, they could have been 1 or 2 rounds further!

·
Banned
14,999 Posts
i know it's gonna happen :eek:
what a pity for the two of them. i mean Kim and Ai can get the third GS doubles title but they are still in the singles draw (which is gonna be tougher because of the rain delay).

good for you guys!!! :bounce:

·
Premium Member
27,114 Posts
It is a shame but I understand it - Kim must be so keen to win a grand slam title with all the rankings debate and this is a perfect chance.

The last thing she wants to do is turn up to one of her singles matches tired.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Sounds like a very sensible decision on Kim's part. I'm sure if it wasn't for the rain, Kim and Ai would have stayed in the draw, but with both of them still in singles, this is a smart move.

·
Registered
15,226 Posts
Kim even tried to dry the courts herself, what else do you want her to do :p

·
Registered
750 Posts
Kim needs to take care of business and win the open. That will silence the critics. If no doubles is with that means than so be it.
On the bright side, this might open a path for martina navratilova to win a 59th grand slam title..............nearly 47 and looking for yet another slam..... Go Martina and sveta

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
This is great news for Musgrave/McShea!!!! The Aussie Battlers get more ranking points and needed prizemoney for their travelling kitty!

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
angele87 said:
With the rain and messed up schedule and both Kim and Ai still in singles, I think it would be a good decision to pull out of doubles.
I agree, but it's very sad that it came to this :( Especially since it was partly due to moronic scheduling before the rain even began.

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
eta psi said:
pffft at Kim for withdrawing. If you are not going to commit for double, don't enter from the beginning. :rolleyes:
I agree that people should not enter doubles planning to pull out - but it's hardly Kim's fault that stupid scheduling and rain made her matches backed up so that she would have to play 5 rounds in 3 days - plus singles - or whatever ludicrous thing it is.

·
Registered
7,971 Posts
Number1Kim said:
I agree that people should not enter doubles planning to pull out - but it's hardly Kim's fault that stupid scheduling and rain made her matches backed up so that she would have to play 5 rounds in 3 days - plus singles - or whatever ludicrous thing it is.
I second that, if it wasn't for the rain and stupid scheduling Kim and Ai would still be in the tournament. Kim commited to the event cause she wanted to win it. But due to circumstances out of her control shereally has no choise but to withdraw unless she wants a riduculous amount of matches over the coming days. Kim is just an easy target to those who don't like her and they jump on anything to have a go at her.

Reactions: GBFH

·
Banned
177 Posts
kim&lleytonrule said:
I second that, if it wasn't for the rain and stupid scheduling Kim and Ai would still be in the tournament. Kim commited to the event cause she wanted to win it. But due to circumstances out of her control shereally has no choise but to withdraw unless she wants a riduculous amount of matches over the coming days. Kim is just an easy target to those who don't like her and they jump on anything to have a go at her.

As I said before if her leg is not broken she should not pull out. Her own words.

·
Registered
7,971 Posts
alleycat I wasn't refering to you, I know Kim said that so she set herslef up for that. I was referring to eta psi.

·
Banned
1,857 Posts
You azzes are all "a piece of work"...!!! When the Sisters pulled out of the doubles everyone had a bunch of shite to say, especially about how someone else could have had their place in the draw...!!

I am so sick of the shite you people pull when it's your own favs that are involved...!!! But, what's "good for the goose", should also be "good for the gander"...!!!

1 - 20 of 60 Posts