Big day for ranking geeks! Like me! :bounce:

Code:
1 (1)	S. WILLIAMS	6552.00
[b]2 (2)	K. CLIJSTERS	4596.00	ROME F	277[/b]
3 (3)	V. WILLIAMS	4508.00
4 (4)	J. HENIN  	3618.00
[b]5 (6)	A. MAURESMO	3358.00	ROME F	367[/b]
6 (5)	L. DAVENPORT	3304.00
So Kim will get the #2 seed at Roland Garros...

Amelie can't go any higher so it will be very interesting to see which of the Top Four seeds she is seeded to play in the quarterfinals...

·
Registered
710 Posts
Congrats to Momo :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Fight and Go Venus whatever seeded you have :bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
18,514 Posts
Matt's Ideal QF lineup:devil: :

Serena
WC
Lindsay
Venus
Juju
Momo
JCap
Kim

SF:
Serena
Venus
Momo
JCap

F:
Serena
JCap

GO GIRLS!!!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
The French Open is shaping up to be very interesting. With players like Capriati and Mauresmo looming as QF opponents for the top 4 seeds, and with Kim being the #2 seed (as assume), there are some potentially great matches, and there are 4-5 players with a legitimate shot at winning this thing.

let's just hope the women actually deliver in this tournament. Too often we have great matchups...and then error-filled, one-sided matches.

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
The rankings suddenly look a little more interesting. Although Kim would now seem to have a stranglehold on #2, I would have to say there are 5 legitimate contenders for the RG title, and if Amelie or Justine win it there would be huge unexpected reprocussions to the rankings.

·
Ferosh Warrior ♥
53,292 Posts
I think the seven seeds have the same chance in grabbing this year RG, though we should give Serena the edge

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
disposablehero - Even if Justine or Amelie win the French, not too much would change. Serena will remain #1 no matter what. Kim is virtually guaranteed to be #2 after Roland Garros as she isn't defending any points - if she makes the 4th round or better, she will add points to her total. Considering she is over 900 points ahead of Justine, it's not likely that Justine will pass Kim (only with a win can Justine pass Kim, and even then it would only be if Kim loses early). Amelie, then, would have to win Rome and the French to even have a shot at passing Kim.

The only real change that can happen among the top 5 is with the next few spots. Venus could fall to #4 and/or Justine and Amelie could switch spots depending on how they all do. Oh, and I guess Lindsay could slide into the top 5 with a good performance...still, nothing too major will happen unless Justine or Amelie get to the final or win.

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
jenglisbe said:
disposablehero - Even if Justine or Amelie win the French, not too much would change. Serena will remain #1 no matter what. Kim is virtually guaranteed to be #2 after Roland Garros as she isn't defending any points - if she makes the 4th round or better, she will add points to her total. Considering she is over 900 points ahead of Justine, it's not likely that Justine will pass Kim (only with a win can Justine pass Kim, and even then it would only be if Kim loses early). Amelie, then, would have to win Rome and the French to even have a shot at passing Kim.

The only real change that can happen among the top 5 is with the next few spots. Venus could fall to #4 and/or Justine and Amelie could switch spots depending on how they all do. Oh, and I guess Lindsay could slide into the top 5 with a good performance...still, nothing too major will happen unless Justine or Amelie get to the final or win.
Actually, what I meant is that it looks like Kim has the #2 spot lokced up until at least well into October, but A RG title for Justine or Amelie could put them within striking distance to catch her before then. Not that I actually believe Kim will drop below #2 again this year.

·
63,499 Posts
Hooray for no All-Williams Final!! :bounce:

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
disposable - If Kim keeps up her level of tennis, she will cetainly remain #2 for the rest of the year and [b[could[/b] overtake Serena at #1 if Serena doesn't play more tournaments than she did last year. As of now, Kim is ahead of Serena in the Race to the Championships standings. If Kim makes the SF or better in all of her tournaments (as she has in her first 8 this year), she will definitely challenge for #1.

·
Registered
14,809 Posts
AlexSydney said:
Hooray for no All-Williams Final!! :bounce:
An all Williams final is still possible.
in fact if they are both on opposite sides of the draw it might be possible that there could be an all-belgian final

because amelie can take out one sister
and justine can take out the other
i'm not too sure abt kim cause she hasnt played either on clay this year

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
actually Kim is not a clear #2

first of all

theres this lady named Venus Williams. I think you may have heard of her. 29 titles. 4 Grand Slams, actually shes been in 8 out of the last what 12 grand slam finals? Hmm she may have something to say about that #2 ranking

Kim wont start adding points at RG till about the 3rd round i believe

shes 190 some odd points ahead of the queen

The Queen has 616 points to defend

If history holds true, and it probably will V will make atleast the final

If history holds true with Kim, she will probably make the SF.
Kimmy made 430 some odd pts for reaching the Sf at the australian, lets say that happens again
430-93= 350 pts
If V wins, she'll add atleast 400 pts

and...damn

Ok Ok Ok, if Kim gets to the SF and V wins she'll still stay #2 (total BS!) But if Kim goes out early, and the Queen stays the Queen, then V gets the #2 back.

And since the Queen will win Wimbledon, and Kim will continue to suck there, the Queen Shall be #2 and come October the Queen shall be #1

All Hail The Queen

:worship:

:p

1 - 20 of 62 Posts