Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
20,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't think Justine will show up mentally or physically in the final... too much has been spend tonight

and I'm not saying that Kim wouldn't have won it, but the final now is a pure formality

skip it and go straight to the ceremony

· Registered
9,295 Posts
We thought the same thing at the FO. Justine had battled it with Serena and survived. That semi felt like a final. Kim had barely broken a sweat. Challenged a little in the first and cruised in the second. Justine came into the final even more finely tuned.
Kim and Jen have similar games. They can run down balls all day but it will justine closing it out. So far kim doesn't seem to have been pushed. She had potential challengers on the way but they didn't put a dent i her game.
Justine will be attacking knowing she can do it!

· Registered
2,064 Posts
however there is a difference this time around......not only cramping, but Justine has said to have little pain on her lower back, and my gosh with that classic match tonight, she WILL feel sore tomorrow in two places of her body. EDGE: Clijsters.

· Registered
47,657 Posts
If it happens that Justine has to pull out from the final, I´d really like to hear the reactions! I wonder if the people would say things like:" It was fixed?!" and stuff!

´Cause remember these are the Belgian sisters we´re talking about afterall!

· Registered
20,830 Posts
Hingiswinsthis said:
however there is a difference this time around......not only cramping, but Justine has said to have little pain on her lower back, and my gosh with that classic match tonight, she WILL feel sore tomorrow in two places of her body. EDGE: Clijsters.
she has an inflammation on her back :eek:

· Banned
9,138 Posts
here goes the injury excuses ;) But seriously, Justine will have to be crippled not to play the final- the girl has heart and wants it more than anyone else...she will play! Damn, i hope she's not hurt because i really want a competitive match, where Kim wins it fair and square- because i can only imagine the talk if she wins it with a hurt Justine...

· Registered
20,830 Posts
tenn_ace said:
I guess, next Justine should just die on court for people to believe that she's hurting...
if that was for me. I believe she has that problem. that story didn't came up after last night anyway. I just think she can play with it otherwise she would not go through the whole indoorseason as the plan is(from what I read)

· Registered
20,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Venus played with a problem (many doubted her) and see what happened... she is out of tennis for months.

I hope Justine is smart enough not to make the same mistake.

· Registered
20,830 Posts
she should
not only venus but anna apparently also played with a sore back for two years(don't know exactly when her problem started) and now she might never play again.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.