Tennis Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
...and as much as I'm happy for her, I am feeling like a sucker feeling so bad for her 1 week ago. Didn't she say that her injury is so bad that she will be out for months?

It looks like girl recently got into a habit of exagarating her injuries. What gives? :scratch:

·
Registered
16,569 Posts
misleading thread title:rolleyes:

if you read her diary ( i guess that's where u got your info from), she said she's secretly hoping she can play antwerp. this is nowhere near a definite

·
Registered
21,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gurl_tennis said:
misleading thread title:rolleyes:

if you read her diary ( i guess that's where u got your info from), she said she's secretly hoping she can play antwerp. this is nowhere near a definite
ok I will change a name of the thread. My information came from a Russian news website. Still, even if she needs a week longer, it still not months of what she sai initially.

·
Registered
16,569 Posts
tenn_ace said:
ok I will change a name of the thread. My information came from a Russian news website. Still, even if she needs a week longer, it still not months of what she sai initially.
she said she's recovering fast. but that she'll need 200% progress to play at antwerp. do you really think she's going to play?

it is understandable that she is hoping to play since antwerp means so much to her, but chances are she wont

·
Registered
21,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gurl_tennis said:
she said she's recovering fast. but that she'll need 200% progress to play at antwerp. do you really think she's going to play?

it is understandable that she is hoping to play since antwerp means so much to her, but chances are she wont
This is really a kind of lose/lose situation

If she comes back not fully fit, that'd be retarded. If she comes back fully fit, then she makes all the tennis fans, who felt sorry for, look like fools.

·
Registered
78 Posts
kim should just do her tennis do the talking. enough of all the injured talks, retirement talks, speculations, excuses etc.

just keep quiet, come back and hit the balls.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
If she comes back and plays injured w/o giving herself time to heal, I will be very mad (and I'm not a fan;)) She of all players should know how much she can screw things up by trying to do too much too soon after injury. You would think that she would learn her lesson after her wrist troubles & then @ the AO. I hope she gives herself time to heal properly. Chances are, if she keeps trying to go b4 her body is ready, she will end up really damaging her year. She has lots of points to defend in March, so it would be wise to prepare for that.

·
Registered
16,569 Posts
cartmancop said:
If she comes back and plays injured w/o giving herself time to heal, I will be very mad (and I'm not a fan;)) She of all players should know how much she can screw things up by trying to do too much too soon after injury. You would think that she would learn her lesson after her wrist troubles & then @ the AO. I hope she gives herself time to heal properly. Chances are, if she keeps trying to go b4 her body is ready, she will end up really damaging her year. She has lots of points to defend in March, so it would be wise to prepare for that.
she will let herself be fit before playing. hasselt 2004 was a huge lesson;)

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
I just don't understand Kim. She seems so obsessive about tennis: playing when injured and tired. Remember this summer where she played practically every week and complained about having to play one required tournament; and the Aus Open, where she never knew if she would play the next round; now she is so badly injured, but I may be able to play in 1/3 of the time originally suggested.

She can't seem to stay off the courts, but at the same time announcing her retirement 2 years before it is supposed to happen. Does she love tennis so much that she can't stay off the courts and is willing to play injured and tired? Or is she so fed up with the travel and grind that she can already predict her departure from the sport? :rolleyes:

As annoying as Venus and Serena's limited scheduling can be, it might just be smart after all keeping them fresh and ensuring their longevity in the sport.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts