1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Think we haven't this one posted yet...

Source: CNNSI, April 14, 2003

from John Wertheim’s mailbag

Think Kim Clijsters is down to earth? In the weekend before last, the WTA's No. 2 player (yes, you read right; she'll overtake Venus Williams this week) accompanied her beau, Lleyton Hewitt, to the Australia-Sweden Davis Cup tie. Clijsters occupied her time not by luxuriating in her suite, but by shagging balls, fetching towels and -- get this -- even mixing the Gatorade for the Australian team. ...

I saw that the International Tennis Hall of Fame induction ceremony will take place later this summer. I'm wondering what active players you think will get in when their careers come to a close?
—Janis Palmer, North Haven, Conn.

I think we may have done this before, but it's a fun question.* Again, these are active players (or Martina Hingis and Pete Sampras), and this assumes the voting would take place today. I'm betting that Clijsters, for instance, eventually gains the requisite credentials, but if she quit playing tomorrow, she wouldn't make it.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Yep!

I saw those, too. Great mentions of Kim!! :kiss:

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
I heard that on an interview done with Kim in a break during DC. The Aussie commentator said she must be the most expensive ball girl ever.

·
Registered
13,089 Posts
Yeah, Kimmie at the Hall of Fame

Reactions: Wojtek
1 - 4 of 4 Posts