Tennis Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think Kim will come in Hingis' same position if she 'll become number one of the world?
Tons of criticism were thrown at Martina because she couldn't win a major anymore. She was the most consistent player just like Kim this year. Kim's advantage is that she is loved by lots of people (more than Hingis)
And a lot will be glad that the "arrogant" sisters are away from the topspot...

·
Registered
19,459 Posts
greg² said:
I think Kim will come in Hingis' same position if she 'll become number one of the world?
Tons of criticism were thrown at Martina because she couldn't win a major anymore. She was the most consistent player just like Kim this year. Kim's advantage is that she is loved by lots of people (more than Hingis)
Hingis wasn't a choker. The only match she choked was AO 2002 final. Other than that she was beaten down by the other player.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Knizzle said:
Hingis wasn't a choker. The only match she choked was AO 2002 final. Other than that she was beaten down by the other player.
I'm not talking about choking :scratch:

·
Registered
773 Posts
Tons of crap have been thrown at every number one since Venus played too short a schedule and then went home. This is just a bash Martina thread. The same thing was thrown at Jen and Lindsay by the same people who are bashing Kim in advance. You're right. She'll have people taking the shine off her moment.

·
Banned
241 Posts
greg² said:
what world have you been living in.. :rolleyes:
Martina is loved by many....till this day......
can u find a Martina hater on this board?...huh?.... :rolleyes:
Kim is no where near Martina in 2000, Martina didnt
stay #1 by default, she is doing well on all surfaces,
she got 6 tier one titles, that's about half of all tier ones,
and that's including Key Biscayne....with Williams in it,
and Tour Championship.....
remember, Lindsay was still on top of her game.

Kim's situation is similar.....but she is not like
Hingis whose ranking points are just a level above others..
and she only has 2 Tier I's so far, and she did not end the yr
#1 ever before while Hingis is defending #1 ranking,
defending is always harder.....and she did it,
i say being ranked #1 throughout the yr is
a splendid job in it self....one should not forget that
she has total 4 yrs of #1 ranking, so go figures...:)

LOVE YA HINGIS... :angel:

·
Registered
530 Posts
greg² said:
Yeah, but for how long will the "arrogant" ones be off the top spot? Look for them to be 1 and 2 this time next year.

·
Registered
713 Posts
treufreund said:
Kim is a fine player. Very very good.

Hingis was more than just fine. she was sublime.
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Why is it so hard for some people to give Martina the credit she worked so hard to earn. Martina was not #1 as long as she was by not being the great player she was. Martina was playing against most of the top 20 and she was still at the top. Before Martina was forced to retire, she accomplished something that the top 20 will never accomplish.
1) She was the youngest to become #1.
2) She was #1 in BOTH singles and doubles.
3) She was #1 at the end of the 1900 and was #1 when we entered 2000.

Very few will ever be able to accomplish what Martina did at her young age. Without the power, she still had the best game ever.

Kim will be great in her own time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.