Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In yet another update of her diary she admits she didn't know Yetunde very well, but feels sorry for the family.

Vreselijk nieuws van Yetunde Price 16-09-2003

Ik hoorde hier in het nieuws over de moord op Yetunde Price. Ik ben er flink van geschrokken. Echt goed kende ik haar niet, een beetje wel. Ze was er altijd bij op de Grand Slams. Ze hield er vaak behoorlijk de sfeer in. Het moet pijnlijk zijn voor de Williams-familie. Ik leef met hen mee.

Gelukkig kwam ik ook het goede nieuws over Stefan Everts te weten. Weer wereldkampioen zeg en dan nog drie wedstrijden op 1 dag winnen. Formidabel. Mijn felicitaties van hieruit! Hier, dat is Melbourne intussen. Het weer is er nog even slecht, maar ik ben intussen opnieuw beginnen trainen.

Het was plezierig om weer een racket vast te hebben. Het cliché van honger naar de bal klopt wel degelijk; ik heb er echt zin in. Morgenochtend train ik anderhalf uur en 's namiddags ga ik terug de baan op. Ik speel hier tegen een aantal Australiërs die de kleinere proftornooien spelen en zo rond de 300ste plaats op de ranking staan. Maar het doet dus goed weer op de baan te staan.

Dat was het weer. Hopelijk morgen beter weer ;-)
Kim

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
She added she was quite shocked, mentioning she was always present at the slams, provinding a good atmosphere.

Furthermore she congratulates belgian Stefan Everts on becoming world champion in motor racing.

She's presently in Melbourne where the weather is bad, but she's really happy to be training again, mainly using little known Australian players ranked around 300 in the world as hitting partners.

·
In my new place!!
22,957 Posts
She's such a sweetheart....... Go ahead with your nice self Kimmie...

Props to Justine as well, very sweet also.....

·
Registered
145 Posts
Mase said:
She's such a sweetheart....... Go ahead with your nice self Kimmie...

Props to Justine as well, very sweet also.....
Not to burst your bubble, here, but what else are they expected to do, rather than offer their condolences? They're only acting as they're expected - there's nothing 'sweet' whatsoever about it.

·
Registered
17,877 Posts
some of you should know by now that people don't always do what's 'expected' of them. so, in ignoring such extraneous comments, I give props to Kim and Justine for showing some compassion. that was very sweet. :hearts:

Reactions: vs1

·
Registered
17,738 Posts
It must be hard for everyone, Yetudie was a prominent figure of the sister careers. Shes the most famous sister.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
That is nice of Justine and Kim. I don't expect different from players on the tour. I still think there is some foul play cos yetunde was the most recognizable out of the other sisters and she was there when Serena blew Justine off the court at Wimbledon. Now that was the last time we saw of her. I feel so sorry and it is really sad to even think of it. Well I wish the family all the best and hope Yetunde rests in peace...........

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
cariosity said:
some of you should know by now that people don't always do what's 'expected' of them. so, in ignoring such extraneous comments, I give props to Kim and Justine for showing some compassion. that was very sweet. :hearts:

indeed Cari...if it is expected, how come everyone isn't doing it? Very classy Kim and Justine!

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Deimos said:
Not to burst your bubble, here, but what else are they expected to do, rather than offer their condolences? They're only acting as they're expected - there's nothing 'sweet' whatsoever about it.
Well the alternative would be just to not mention it at all. I agree, it's expected, normal, polite, friendly behaviour and not exceptionally nice or surprising - however we could all name celebrities who think the normal rules of human behaviour do not apply to them! Therefore it's healthy that these ladies remembered/bothered to express public condolences.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.