Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The book price is reasonable. But the shipping charge ( almost euros 150 ) is just too much...:(

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Re: 2012 Kim News

In a message posted via her Facebook page, retired tennis star Kim Clijsters has spoken out about the love hate relationship that athletes have with the sport they make a living out of.

"People don't play sports because its fun. Ask any athlete, most of them hate it, but they couldn't imagine their life with out it. Its part of them, the love/hate relationship. Its what they live for. They live for the practices, parties, cheers, long bus rides, invitationals, countless pairs of different types of shoes, water, Gatorade, & coaches you hate but appreciate. They live for the way it feels when they beat the other team-player, and knowing those two extra sprints they ran in practice were worth it. They live for the way they became a family with their team, they live for the countless songs they sing in their head while training all those hours. They live for the competition, they live for the friends, the practices, the memories, the pain, its who they are. It's who we are."

Clijsters retired for the second and final time in September at the US Open after a checkered career which saw her reach the world no. 1 ranking and win 4 grand slam singles titles.

http://www.tennisworldusa.org/Kim-C...te-relationship-with-tennis-articolo7615.html

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: 2012 Kim Clijsters' Picture Thread

150 euros for shipping? :tape: :facepalm:
Yes, shipping charge is ridiculously high, making the total book price almost €190 if I remember right. I think it's not sensible to buy a book at such a high cost so I didn't order it, even though I do love Kim very very much. :sobbing:

·
Registered
896 Posts

Yes, shipping charge is ridiculously high, making the total book price almost €190 if I remember right. I think it's not sensible to buy a book at such a high cost so I didn't order it, even though I do love Kim very very much. :sobbing:
Maybe one day we'll be able to get it on eBay or Amazon for a lesser price. Fingers crossed. I really really want this book but just can't afford it! :sad:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Maybe one day we'll be able to get it on eBay or Amazon for a lesser price. Fingers crossed. I really really want this book but just can't afford it! :sad:
Amazon accepts pre-order now. Both book price and shipping charge are way cheaper.:)
But publication date is postponed. And you should pay attention to the info re the number of pages of the book. It is different from that provided on the publisher's website.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts

Kim is pregnant! She announced the news on Twitter. It's due mid-September.

"Hi everyone, we have some exiting news to tell you... Jada is going to be a big sister :) ! Xxx Kim , Brian and Jada"

·
Registered
896 Posts

Amazon accepts pre-order now. Both book price and shipping charge are way cheaper.:)
But publication date is postponed. And you should pay attention to the info re the number of pages of the book. It is different from that provided on the publisher's website.
I ordered a copy on Amazon last night. Only 35 pounds! Can't wait for it to arrive. :bounce:

·
3,777 Posts

Kim was a guest in Reyers Laat, a late night talk show here in Belgium. Together with Tia Hellebaut (high jump, gold medal in Beijing) they talked about topsport and being a mother!

you can watch the entire show here (but I don't know if you can watch it outside of Belgium...):
http://www.deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws/videozone/programmas/reyerslaat/2.27260

some screenshots:

·
Registered
3,128 Posts

Apparently Kim received an honorary degree from De Vrije Universiteit. It's on her French and Dutch portions of the site but not English. (Of course... :()

·
3,777 Posts

yes indeed :) she'll receive it for her extra ordinary behaviour on and off the court.
In the talk show she said she's more embarrassed she gets it than proud of it :)

·
3,777 Posts

big article with Kim in Dag Allemaal this week, talking about the Buba and Bata charity she did an event for and about the baby.
my grandmother has the magazine, as soon as I get it, I'll post the pics here ;)

here's the front cover :

·
3,777 Posts

articles from De Morgen & Het Nieuwsblad about Kim visiting Paris for Usana

·
Registered
797 Posts

April 6th, Paris, Usana event

·
Registered
896 Posts

Maybe I'm looking too hard, but in that first pic I can sorta see a tiny little bump starting to grow. :hearts:

1 - 20 of 179 Posts