Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've become a real fan of hers.
I am starting to cheer for her as much as the Williams sisters.

What I like about her is that eventhough she was injured she got fitter and stronger. She is an AMAZING fighter on the court. Gets to every ball.

Last night I was playing an important match and a ball was out of my reach and I did almost a whole split and won the point :eek: :p
Their were people watching and they called me Kim Clisters :lol:

I also admire her personality, she seems very sweet.
Next week I am going to Toronto to see some matches, and I hope she will be playing in Toronto and on the day I go.

The only thing that's missing is a Slam, but I think she can get it at the Us Open :worship:

·
Registered
5,927 Posts
Kim is a great player to cheer for. I've noticed that a lot of WS fans seem to have favorable views on Kim- and moreso now than ever before. With regards to WS fans, I'd probably say is the third most popular player, behind either sister. In playing devils advocate, I wonder if it's because of how she's percieved. When it comes to the very top players, to some, she's not seen as a big a threat as some of the other top names- especially to Vee and Serena. And to top it off, she has a great record over some big names, names that end in 'ova'. Of course none of that is a factor for me- I've loved Kim from day one, I'm just now starting to get into Venus (I was born to love Serena so that's totally different). I do wonder if that's the case for other people though, especially people that are just now starting to root for her. Whatever the case may be, Kim has some grat fans on this board and I'm sure the extra support is appreciated.

She's already popular in the states now imagine the surge in her popularity after she wins the US Open (or is the finalist to Serena..lol)! I find myself rooting for her more passionately as well....

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Kim is simply terrific. She's a great person, a great player, and there's nothing to dislike about her. I've always liked Kim, but my respect really grew for her after Indian Wells in 2001. We all remember the match with her and Serena; Serena was booed viciously by the fans. In her press conference, Kim defended Serena and said that the whole situation wasn't her fault and that she thought that Serena was still a nice person. After that, I was hooked. :worship: She's done that on many occassions; she's stuck up for the Williams sisters when everyone was on them, and that's the sign of a really awesome person. Kim rocks. :yeah:

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
Sir Stefwhit said:
She's already popular in the states now imagine the surge in her popularity after she wins the US Open (or is the finalist to Serena..lol)! I find myself rooting for her more passionately as well....
And I'm sure the new American boyfriend will help to boost her popularity in the States too (as if she needs to get any more popular ;) ).

·
Registered
20,092 Posts
Nice thread:yeah: I'm not gonna post a whole message now about why I like her, I think my profile says enough :angel:

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I like Kim too

CanadianBoy19 said:
I've become a real fan of hers.
I am starting to cheer for her as much as the Williams sisters.

What I like about her is that eventhough she was injured she got fitter and stronger. She is an AMAZING fighter on the court. Gets to every ball.

Last night I was playing an important match and a ball was out of my reach and I did almost a whole split and won the point :eek: :p
Their were people watching and they called me Kim Clisters :lol:

I also admire her personality, she seems very sweet.
Next week I am going to Toronto to see some matches, and I hope she will be playing in Toronto and on the day I go.

The only thing that's missing is a Slam, but I think she can get it at the Us Open :worship:
I have to agree with you. i am not really a Fan of Kim, but I really like her, she is very very sympathic and a great player too.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Kim is one of the few good girls left on tour, she has a sparkling personality and has always maintained a positive attitude ... which leads me to question how such a sweet girl ever ended up with such a pathetic excuse for a human being (Hewitt) with his antics and his racism. I'm glad to see that she's used tennis as therapy, especially after her breakup with Lleyton... it seems to of only made her stronger as opposed to breaking her ... since her return from the 50 million wrist surgeries she's had I think that she's played excellent tennis ...

Of course the only thing missing is a Grand Slam title and until she captures one that will be forever held over her head, but personality wise she is the most consistent and likeable girl on tour. =)

·
Registered
342 Posts
another WS & KC fan - hi there :) .

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When the article came out that she might have to call it quits, I was really sad. It is easy to support a player when they are winning, but I realized I liked Kim a lot at that moment. It is great she is winning now, and Davenport won't have her number like the last two times they played.
If she meets Venus or Serena at the Open, I will be cheering for Kim. She totally deserves to win a Slam more than any other player I think.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Kim is awesome! i always cheer for her unless shes playing Lindsay. Shes a genuinely nice girl who doesnt snub people and has time for everyone. Shes not up her own arse or egoistical! She is one talented girl!!! She deserves a slam. I hope her time comes soon. Just let Lindsay have the US Open ;)

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I really don't think her kindness has anything to do with her not winning slams. She is one of the most competitive players when she steps on the court

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
i have to agree with all of you...kim is the best!she isn´t only a great player on-court with her amzing spreidstands and her fighting spirit and everything,i am sure she has off-court also a perfect character.She is so fair and she does a lot for charity as well.it´s really impressive!i´ll root for her every time!

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
thrust said:
As nice as Kim may be, I would rather have won 4 slams than to be liked by most fans.
Looks like you've missed the point and don't understand Kim's mentality then, with all due respect.

·
Registered
5,927 Posts
I never bought into that "too nice" theory... Ultimately her hunger and competitive spirit will be the major factor for her finally winning her first slam.

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
kim is awesome. she'll win a slam one day...she's too good not to. she's a really nice person...one of my top favorites

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
I like Kim, too. She is impressive in just demolishing those ranked below her. Now if she can only get pass her fellow countrywoman, Justine. After Venus, Lindsay and Serena, I'm all for her winning a slam soon. And even if she beat Lindsay or Serena, I won't mind, but no amount niceness on her part will ever have me rooting against Venus for her to win. otherwise, go Kim! :lol:

·
49,001 Posts
I started digging her really once she became so hot. Now I want her to win her first slam..now.

·
Registered
23,559 Posts
KIM CLIJSTERS = the reason why i like tennis.....

·
Banned
25,017 Posts
How can you dislike Kim?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts