Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
forgot pierce... but mauresmo is shaping up to be in the league of henin

·
Sabatini lover Forever
15,212 Posts
forgot pierce... but mauresmo is shaping up to be in the league of henin
Henin´s league = Venus league, don´t forget that.
Still Mauresmo has to win a lot more slams to be there, more than the ones she already has got. So...

And as Lofefiftheen said Kim is in the middle in the Mauresmo/Pierce league.

Reactions: RJWCapriati

·
Registered
25,073 Posts
I really believe that Kim is tarnishing her legacy by choosing to play this year as she has. I mean skipping the two grand slams where her results have been the best for the one where they have been the worst? Playing less than ten events in the entire year? It just seems so pathetic to me. That said, she will be around Sabatini probably. I think that Mary has had a far better career than Kim, but others may disagree.

·
Gone with the Wind fabulous!
8,399 Posts
Perhaps Kim is in Capriati's league, too, because even though J Cap has 3 Slams, she didn't really win much else. Kim has several major Tier I titles and 2 YEC titles. They are basically in the same league.

·
Gone with the Wind fabulous!
8,399 Posts
I really believe that Kim is tarnishing her legacy by choosing to play this year as she has. I mean skipping the two grand slams where her results have been the best for the one where they have been the worst? Playing less than ten events in the entire year? It just seems so pathetic to me. That said, she will be around Sabatini probably. I think that Mary has had a far better career than Kim, but others may disagree.
Kim should have quit the day after she won the 2005 US Open. Seriously ...

·
Sabatini lover Forever
15,212 Posts
Perhaps Kim is in Capriati's league, too, because even though J Cap has 3 Slams, she didn't really win much else. Kim has several major Tier I titles and 2 YEC titles. They are basically in the same league.
Then Sabatini is among that league :worship: ..

·
Serena's #1 Hater
19,697 Posts
Even though she won a major and was ranked #1, I think Kim Clijsters will be remembered in the "Unrealized Potential" league.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
She, Sabatini, and Pierce occupy that middle area and likely won't improve, but Mauresmo's got a shot at moving into Capriati/ASV territory, maybe up to Davenport/Hingis, but Serena level, or even Henin/Venus, is too far, I think.

·
Crazy Conspiracy Theorist, Politically Incorrect
32,385 Posts
Desperate Housewife :p

Reactions: peanuts

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Top League

Serena Williams
Venus Williams
Justine Henin
Martina Hingis
Amelie Mauresmo
Kim Clijsters
Maria Sharapova

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
36,708 Posts
Sabatini is easily the best match. Both won one slam, at the US Open, both retired early (Sabatina at 26 and Kim will be 24 when she finishes). Clijsters won a few more tournaments that Sabatini, 34 to 27 and was a losing slam finalist 4 times to Sabatini's twice. Sabatini however did notch up alot more semifinal slam showings, 15 vs 7.

Sabatini will in the end get the edge based on a) having a longer career and b) remaining more in the limelight (selling her own Perfume) than Clijsters appears likely too.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Defff no. Maria Sharapova is the future of tennis, she is young and one of the best right now, so in 3 or max 4 years when Venus, Serena, Amelie, Kim, Martina & Justine leave the wta tour she will be te only current tennis queen.

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
1 - 20 of 160 Posts