Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
I think your "IF" should be capitalized.

·
Don't mess with Texas!
5,728 Posts
I think almost everyone already knew that.

Reactions: CanIGetAWhat

·
Banned
4,078 Posts
no, Serena has 1052 points off in Paris. Not sure how many in London, but probably a little less.

·
Registered
7,971 Posts
King Lindsay said:
no, Serena has 1052 points off in Paris. Not sure how many in London, but probably a little less.
She has 1056 at Wimbledon

·
Registered
350 Posts
Virtually (if both players don't win a point anymore), Kim's 152 points ahead of Serena after Wimbledon.

That's why the game against Henin is so important for her. Losing the game, while having kim win the tournament almost certainly means the loss of nr1 for Serena.

·
psychotic banana
3,022 Posts
JPV, Kim's 152 points ahead of Clijsters??!

LMAO!

·
Registered
350 Posts
anton said:
How many points does Kim defend in London?
none, sh's got 40 points in wimbledon but these aren't part of her best 17

·
Registered
350 Posts
anton said:
Now she willl have to wait until after the US Open
considering venus won't play more than 2 prep tournaments, it is impossible for Venus to become nr1 (even nr2) straight after US Open.

Reactions: anton

·
Registered
44,018 Posts
Do you all WANT Kim to be #2? Frankly it would look terrible for the WTA Tour if Kim became #1. Serena loses both Paris and London, but falls? The ONLY way Kim should go to #1 is if she wins both Paris and London, otherwise Serena's #1, no question. She would still have 2 slams in the last 52 weeks!

It's looking bad enough Venus falling to #4...the WTA is looking more and more like the 99/00/01 seasons when the rankings were a joke. I guess they always were.

·
Registered
350 Posts
anton said:
It is quite possible Kim will be number one in a few weeks. If Justine beats Serena and Kim makes the final in Paris then in London, if Venus beats Serena in the SF and then Kim makes the final, guess who's number one? Kim!!!
IF Kim wins the French Open (beating Justine), she won't need to reach the final of Wimbledon. A Semifinal appearance is enough (even a QF may be enough, depending on how good Kim does it at 's hertogenbosch, and the quality points she gets from the first couple of ronds in Wimbledon).

IF Serena doesn't win Wimbledon, Kim wouldn't even have to participate at Wimbledon.

·
Registered
350 Posts
tennisIlove09 said:
Do you all WANT Kim to be #2? Frankly it would look terrible for the WTA Tour if Kim became #1. Serena loses both Paris and London, but falls? The ONLY way Kim should go to #1 is if she wins both Paris and London, otherwise Serena's #1, no question. She would still have 2 slams in the last 52 weeks!

It's looking bad enough Venus falling to #4...the WTA is looking more and more like the 99/00/01 seasons when the rankings were a joke. I guess they always were.
Rankings aren't a joke... when 2 players don't care about the ranking, their fans shouldn't complain the rankings are not good.

And slams don't tell everything. OK, when someone has 4 slams vs none, the one with the 4 slams should be nr1 (and it's almost impossible not to be). But a 2-1 situation ain't uncommon... and it doens't show a better quality.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
41,227 Posts
I wonder why there are other tournaments next to the GS's... seems like they are totally unimportant to some fans :rolleyes:

Venus reached the finals of the last slams...but she didn't win them!! What did she win? 1 tournament, a tier II
Justine won a tier II AND two tier I's. She reached the semi's in AO and in RG.

Just look at the facts, Justine has better results so deserves her ranking. Venus deserves a higher ranking if she has better results. It's that easy. You can't make a ranking based on potential, 'cause Anna K would be a top ten player then.

·
Banned
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
JPV said:
IF Kim wins the French Open (beating Justine), she won't need to reach the final of Wimbledon. A Semifinal appearance is enough (even a QF may be enough, depending on how good Kim does it at 's hertogenbosch, and the quality points she gets from the first couple of ronds in Wimbledon).

IF Serena doesn't win Wimbledon, Kim wouldn't even have to participate at Wimbledon.

I did not know this!! :eek:

I think it helps Kim that she actually plays tournaments while Venus and Serena are on the beach or whereever (rankings-wise.)

·
Registered
18,112 Posts
considering that Kim has won the tour championships, Filderstadt, Sydney, Indian Wells, Rome, been in the finals of 5 tournaments and SF of two Grand Slams it is not that surprising or unfair.

She only made the second round of Wimby last year and only the fourth round of the US Open (122pts). She also has a first round loss at Los Angeles, third Rd loss at the Canadian Open and QF at San Diego where she *COULD* pick up some pts. :eek:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts