Tennis Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With tennis it is like music. You can love the most diverse styles, but in the end it all boils down to one thing: emotion. You need to feel something, there’s got to be that shiver.
I feel it when I watch the fluid tennis of Justine and Roger. Tennis with curls and bows.

The tennis of Kim Clijsters is nothing like that. But the shiver is there as well.
It’s: clean, laser-like, geometrical. No redundant elements. Stern. Less is more. :cool:

The tennis of Justine and Roger is like a beautiful painting by a French impressionist, warm colours, bright. The tennis of Kim is an abstract painting. Cool, meticulous.
In both cases, when you see it you know: MASTER AT WORK.

So I'll get up once again tonight to see some of Kim's art. :D

(The tennis of Andy Roddick on the other hand, is the equivalent of the would be post-modern artist who is throwing a full bucket of paint to the wall and calls this art. :p )

Reactions: auntie janie

·
Banned
3,628 Posts
You don't like Andy's power game - I like it.
You like Kim's retrieval tennis - I don't like it.

Beauty is in the eye.... blah blah. :zzzz:

·
63,616 Posts
She's boring to me already, sorry.

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought there were plenty of other threads where you can tell that Kim is boring.
So yawn or sleep over there. This thread is for art-lovers!

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
I dont think Kims game is exciting, her personality even less so. But I do like it when she does the splits, also i like her for her sweet personality, but by no means would i call that exciting!

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
I agree with you about Roger though, watching him is like watching master at work. Only when hes playing well and not having one of his brain cramps though, like whenever he plays Nalbandian :rolleyes:

·
Registered
730 Posts
I disagree, she's boring..at least andy roddick trys to go for his shots and force the issue rather than just retrieve and hope...

·
Registered
13,089 Posts
I love Kim's game, for me it's the most beautiful game in women's tennis!! A wonderful forehand and a beautiful backhand!! :kiss:

·
Registered
17,922 Posts
Kim just keeps getting better and better. I never used to enjoy watching her but I do now because her footspeed is phenomenal and her groundstrokes are like searing lasers.

To me she is playing the best of the four semifinalists. I prefer to watch Justine's stunning game but she has been susceptible to periodic letdowns in her matches, as have Jennifer and Lindsay. But Kim seems to have no lapses! If that does not change in the next two rounds -- and that is the big question! -- Kim will be the winner.

·
Registered
19,358 Posts
Kim:D :D

·
Banned
11,012 Posts
love Roger love Kim love Andy.

i think THEY are all exciting players. Kim just makes me squirm with those damn splits

·
Miss Verstand
16,531 Posts
she never did it for me...she's as ordinary as the next player

Reactions: SJW
1 - 15 of 15 Posts