Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
10 minutes ago I would not have given 1 eurocent for Kim's chances. She had 4 matchpoints in the second set but Jen is so strong mentally and Kim had difficulties closing it out.
There were so many changes of momentum in this match. Brought me on the edge of a heart crisis.
Kim played very good, Jen not bad but she was less consistent than Kim. It's good to see that Kim could finally win against Jen and also refocus after losing the second set.
WAY TO GO, KIM!
 
  • Like
Reactions: KaseyL

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,372 Posts
Wish i had seen the whole of this match :-(.

Well played Kim!!!
Well played jenn- looks like a real threat at the French- glad she is getting better :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,557 Posts
Im sooo sad for Jen! I really wanted her to win the title!
Anyways well played to both girls
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,292 Posts
Jen only lost because she had a back injury! IMO she is the better player compared to Clijsters. Jen would have beaten her without the injury!

Well done, Jen! :worship:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,658 Posts
Hagar said:
There were so many changes of momentum in this match. Brought me on the edge of a heart crisis.
You and me both... ;)
Congrats Kim , bet also well done Jennifer :bounce:
 

·
Spaghetti Warrior
Joined
·
6,944 Posts
GermanBoy said:
Jen just lost because she had a back injury! IMO she is the better player compared to Clijsters. Jen would have beaten her without the injury!

Well done, Jen! :worship:
Aaaaaaah there they are :D Excuses :D And IF's :D:D

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:


Woohoo Kim :D:D Congrats :D:worship: Great fight :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,971 Posts
GermanBoy said:
Jen only lost because she had a back injury! IMO she is the better player compared to Clijsters. Jen would have beaten her without the injury!

Well done, Jen! :worship:
Well who is a sore loser then :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,635 Posts
way to go kim. this a big breaktrough, last year she had lost this match probably 6:3 in the third:D
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,830 Posts
I ain't making no excuses for Jennifer. She REALLY fought well and IMHO Jen will be a threat at RG .

Congrats Kim ! I just hope she now wins this title !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,292 Posts
kim&lleytonrule said:
Well who is a sore loser then :rolleyes:
Don`t get me wrong! I am very disappointed, that`s right! :sad: I think Clijsters is a great player but don`t forget the fact of Jen`s mental strength. She is always able to turn matches around, e. g. against Hingis at the Australian Open 2002.

That is the fact why I am sure that Jen would have beaten Clijsters without the injury. Then she could have served much better and harder to hold her service games, at 4:3 in the third set e. g.! ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,226 Posts
Congrats Kimmie :bounce: Good luck tomorrow :kiss:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
irma said:
way to go kim. this a big breaktrough, last year she had lost this match probably 6:3 in the third:D
Well, that's what I thought and that's how it looked for a while in the third set. So I had my mind already set on a new loss of Kim against Jen and then Kim goes on to win the whole thing. So my heart was beating once again like hell. I guess this is training for Roland Garros. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
612 Posts
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I'm so happyyyyyyyyyyyy for Kim :bounce: :bounce:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,971 Posts
GermanBoy said:
Don`t get me wrong! I am very disappointed, that`s right! :sad: I think Clijsters is a great player but don`t forget the fact of Jen`s mental strength. She is always able to turn matches around, e. g. against Hingis at the Australian Open 2002.

That is the fact why I am sure that Jen would have beaten Clijsters without the injury. Then she could have served much better and harder to hold her service games, at 4:3 in the third set e. g.! ;)
If she didn't have the back injury, if she didn't have the back injury..... How do you know that, perhaps the fact she was injured was affecting Kim, so maybe if she wasn't injured Kim would of held serve more herself. And nobody is saying she won't be a threat at RG, of course she will be. And how can you be sure she would of served better and harde, you can't be. As always I think the victor should be congratulated, and in cases like this the loser should be to. And excuses shouldn't be made for why someone didn't win the credit should go to the winner.

I think this was a great win for kim and mentally it will be fantastic for her to have pulled this one out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,635 Posts
GermanBoy said:
Don`t get me wrong! I am very disappointed, that`s right! :sad: I think Clijsters is a great player but don`t forget the fact of Jen`s mental strength. She is always able to turn matches around, e. g. against Hingis at the Australian Open 2002.

That is the fact why I am sure that Jen would have beaten Clijsters without the injury. Then she could have served much better and harder to hold her service games, at 4:3 in the third set e. g.! ;)
since when is serving cappy's biggest quality? :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
612 Posts
kim&lleytonrule said:
Great to see a Venus fan so happy for Kim :)

Well the thing is, Venus is my hero and she owns my heart, but I don't think she is working as hard as she could (except for this week because she got injured), so in the meantime I'll root for my second favorite player in the world, our lovely Kim. I hope she wins the whole thing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,077 Posts
Congrats Kim! She must have played really well! :)

I wish Jen would finally win these matches against the Top 5. She is blatant Top, even Top 3 material, but these losses must be converted into wins!!! I mean from *4-3 on, she didn't win another game!

About her back injury, I hope she gets better soon and that its nothing too serious.

Hoping for a Kim vs Amelie final :)
 
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Top