Tennis Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I flipped through my channels and there was Justine. I turned the tv up and they were talking about Belgium and then they showed Justine as a kid when she was practicing tennis. They also said that Justine was the first girl on the all boys soccer team.........hence her brashness and take no prisoners attitude.

They showed Kim and showed clips of her mom and dad in their respective sports.......then they showed lil kim running around as the parents stood in the streets of Belgium. Then they showed the french open final and some of their match-ups. The segment then moved to how more kids are taking up tennis and the government is putting more money towards tennis development.......it was cool. Wish I could have taped it....

· Registered
16,024 Posts
oh wow that was an amazing report that I watched online. Thanks for the link. I actually taped the show but ran out of tape before that segment so I was glad to see it online. The two young ladies are VERY VERY POPULAR. To hear how the whole country watched Justine's wedding in her hometown on TV shows how popular both are. I see no sign that their friendship is not real. Maybe they have disagreements which is normal under such intense competition both in tennis and in Belgium's eyes. The pressure in such a small country is intense but Justine sticks to her roots much more than Kim who thought about becoming Australian :( Still I think overall they get along well and are great for Belgium and women's tennis.

They have sparked a real boom in tennis which always makes me happy. :D

Also it was neat to see how Justine used to play soccer against the BOYS! YOU GO on with ya bad self JUJU!!!!

· Registered
13,201 Posts
I'm gradually turning into a serious Juju fan. Not sure whether it's the bandwagon effect or a reaction to the flak she gets on this board.

Allez, you li'l devil!! :devil:

Meanwhile, you'd think the people who name educational institutions such as the City University of New York would know better than to come up with something that abbreviates as "CUNY". Oh well, at least it only has one "N". :tape:

· Registered
1,291 Posts
Thanks for the link! Fun to watch.
Lol @ little Justine playing soccer with the boys and @ the old guy from the tennis club: "She was a little girl looking like a boy. That may not sound nice, but it's the truth" :lol:

· Registered
26,637 Posts
Ted of Teds Tennis said:
Jouissant:

Think about how easy it would be to make a certain typo out of CUNY. :lol:
Indeed there was an old NYC joke about the the City University (CUNY) merging with the Irish national airline, with the new enterprise being named Cunylingus! :p

· Registered
11,104 Posts
Does anybody remember the program where this report was? The videos have been updated, I guess... and maybe I can see the repeat of this program on TV?
Please help!!

· Registered
1,291 Posts
Lady said:
Does anybody remember the program where this report was? The videos have been updated, I guess... and maybe I can see the repeat of this program on TV?
Please help!!
Lady,

click on the link posted by cynicole.
then you have to scroll down a bit and you find the link "European journal" as video on demand. (after a small tv symbol)

Then you can watch the program. The item about Belgian tennis comes third, I think.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.