Tennis Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Belgian TV they had a short interview with Billie Jean King about Kim and Justine.
She said Kim's a worthy number 1 because whe was the most consistent player during the year and that she will definitely win slams in the future.

She also admires Kim and Justine for their human qualities. She told the reporter that of all the new, young players, Kim and Justine were the only ones that came to her (4 years ago at Wimbledon) and introduced themselves to her. No other player had done that before or has since than. She really appreciated that and because of that they'll always have a special place in her heart... :angel:

I thought that was really nice of her to say. (even though I don't really like BJK...) So since I was bored waiting for the rain to stop ( :mad: ), I thought I could post it here...

·
Registered
13,564 Posts
Justine = human :eek: and doing something nice :eek: Well Lucky for you I also saw that interview otherwise I wouldn't believed it ;)

:D

·
Registered
18,664 Posts
Knizzle said:
BJK was just picking up tips on how to beat them. :devil:
Yes, apparently the americans need it.:eek:;)

·
Registered
713 Posts
Thanks for posting. I don't really like BJK but I respect her for what she has done for the game. It's nice to hear people saying nice things which sound really heartfelt as well, a rarity these days.

·
Registered
677 Posts
iosonoti said:
BJK has a crush on Kim ... I think
oh yeah,maybe...il peut etre!!!
I think she's right,i'm not a fan of them but they r so nice and I can see that,i'm always happy when they win...they've nothing in common with the behaviour of other players...they r always kind with everyone and i think nobody can say to hate one of them 'cos i don't think it's possible!!!and i repeat,i'm not a fan of them...

·
Registered
677 Posts
maybe...but you know,she's a player who minds her own business...there r a lot of other players who r unbearable!!!
instead i think kim is really nice,i like her behaviour in and out the court very much.in fact she's friend with a lot of players and it's not easy to be friend with them.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Love-seles said:
Nobody really likes Henin as a person. just her game
Sorry to contradict you, but I do like what I know about her as a person, and so do other players (Nathalie Tauziat, Amelie Mauresmo, Mary Pierce, just to name a few...) It is probably no coïncidence that most of these players are French speaking. We know that English is not Justine's forte, and she is probably more comfortable in her relashionship with others when she can speak French.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.