Tennis Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week Kim was nr 1 in doubles for the first time. This week she lost her 1st place again but got to the nr 1 in singles and next week it will be her 1st week as nr 1 in both singles and doubles :D

She will regain the top spot because Ai was defending final points here, but didn't enter the tournament and Poala/Vivi lost today as defending champions against Dokic/Morariu

Besides she's only the 5th player in the world to be nr 1 in both singles and doubles. She’s joined Navratilova, Sanchez, Hingis and Davenport…

Kim also won her 2nd round match today against Schiavone. Although I didn’t mind an early exit for Kim at this tournament, it looks like her serve was really on fire today. She had a first serve percentage of 77% and only lost 3 of 35 serve points. She also fired 9 aces and didn’t lost a single point on serve in the 2nd set. The match was over in 47 minutes (6-1, 6-2)

Congrats Kimmy :D Please keep shining !!!! :bounce:

·
Registered
47,533 Posts
kimclijsters4ever said:
Last week Kim was nr 1 in doubles for the first time. This week she lost her 1st place again but got to the nr 1 in singles and next week it will be her 1st week as nr 1 in both singles and doubles :D

She will regain the top spot because Ai was defending final points here, but didn't enter the tournament and Poala/Vivi lost today as defending champions against Dokic/Morariu

Besides she's only the 5th player in the world to be nr 1 in both singles and doubles. She’s joined Navratilova, Sanchez, Hingis and Davenport…

Kim also won her 2nd round match today against Schiavone. Although I didn’t mind an early exit for Kim at this tournament, it looks like her serve was really on fire today. She had a first serve percentage of 77% and only lost 3 of 35 serve points. She also fired 9 aces and didn’t lost a single point on serve in the 2nd set. The match was over in 47 minutes (6-1, 6-2)

Congrats Kimmy :D Please keep shining !!!! :bounce:
Now if only she could play this well in a match that really matters! ;) :lol:

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Holy cow at those serve stats :eek :eek I can only hope becoming #1 really fired her up :p

·
Registered
18,514 Posts
wow:worship: . Congrats Kimmie--the first no. 1 doubles player who can't volley for her life:p ! (j/k;) )

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
Hey Great job Kim! :yeah: You guys are right about her serve! It was incredible! The poor Francesca just couldn't do anything! And it's not because she's a bad player. Not at all! Kim was just too good for anyone tonight

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
Great job for Kim! It's not easy to be at the top in both areas. :D

I wonder if her father will now think this "double #1" will equal 20 slam titles!! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
13,089 Posts
vs1 said:

I wonder if her father will now think this "double #1" will equal 20 slam titles!! :lol: :lol:
Come on mate, don't be silly ;)

·
Registered
13,089 Posts
Off course, CONGRATS KIM!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
She's gone 4-1-4-1 in the doubles rankings the last four weeks!!! :)

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
Wow.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Congrats Kim :worship:

·
Registered
47,533 Posts
vs1 said:

Now that´s what they call: Too funny!! :haha:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts