Tennis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
182,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
He used to play exciting tennis when he 1st came on tour, going for his shots and doing well, but since he started slow-balling his results have been shocking.

don't know his problem but he seems to suffer from Schynder Syndrome.

·
Banned
1,006 Posts
He IS a joke. Hasn't won a match so far this year.

I can't really remember how he was playing before starting to play only defensive, as I wasn't following men's tennis much at that time.
I only remember that he reached no. 4 and the championships in Hannover 1999 and I watched him there. My god, I couldn't believe how he had managed to do that with THIS ugly game. So he already started to play like that then.
I think he had a bit luck that, besides Agassi and Sampras, there weren't that many in-form-players at that time.
He reached the quarters at Melbourne 2000 and won Dubai, but then the slump began. He won another tournament at the end of 2000, but since then ... nothing.
He changes coaches every months, changes his attitude often (from showing no emotion to fist-pumping and screaming, totally laughable and exaggerated), after every decent match he promises the 'old' Kiefer is back, he has no gameplan, etc.
Right now he is happy that he has fought for every point during a match. :rolleyes:
I have never liked him, and believe it or not, after seeing him in 1999, I predicted that he would have a big fall in the rankings.
But now it's really extreme.

·
Team WTAworld, Superskyderen
13,888 Posts
Hmm, I was wondering about Kiefer just recently. Hope he can get his form back especially as the other Nicolases are doing so well ;)

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
Poor Nicolas! He has the game to be in the top twenty at least! He is just not there mentally anymore!:(

·
Registered
28,582 Posts
He just doesn't seem to care anymore :confused:

I watched him in Montreal 2001 against Santoro in the second round.

He was soundly whipping Santoro with a break fo serve in each set, and was serving for it -
somehow he totally lost it by the time I came back (I had parted in order to get a good seat for the upcoming JCF match on another court), and Santoro took it in the third.

Keifer just started flubbing up on all of the important points. Granted Santoro was keeping him on his toes with some great shotmaking - but the errors just started flying off of his racquet.

I keep thinking that he is going to get back with it - but he hasn't yet. He's still in the top 50 though, is he not?

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
It's not that he doesn't care anymore. He does care, but he had some problems... (including injuries, coaches... ).
I don't like him much either, but I want him to play well and he will. Believe me

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
GoDominique said:
My god, I couldn't believe how he had managed to do that with THIS ugly game.

What has his name, if ugly or not, to do with his game??? confused:
pfff

He changes coaches every months

That is not true!If you don't know much about him, don't make such statements!

·
Banned
1,006 Posts
Game, not name ! His Game is ugly !

And he has changed a lot of coaches in the past 2 years (ok, not every month). Now he has a completely unknown Algerian who is hardly older than him. I don't know if that's the best choice.

·
Registered
15,969 Posts
YEah, Nicholas Kiefer is talented, but he bombs a lot of matches. However, he did just beat Ivanicevic in first round action this week. So, he won a match this year! Yeah, i dunno, he just seemed really grumpy and angry at the media and so on when I saw him play in Toronto. :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts