Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Milk and honey
4,038 Posts
NID. I was really surprised at this partnership in the first place to be honest :eek: she made the right decision anyway, I mean losing to Lauren Davis in a grass slam as the defending champion :hysteric: interesting to see who she hires and how quickly, to see what she can make of an underwhelming season so far.

·
Registered
18,855 Posts
I think at this point Angie can best benefit from someone who can coach her mentally and emotionally. Her game is fine as is. It's her mentality that she needs to take better care of. That's what impacts the effectiveness and productivity of her game most. She's still fit. She's still fast. Getting her to play like she did against Halep in Eastbourne more consistently is what the new coach needs to be able to deliver.

·
Registered
87,493 Posts
Best decision ever. That useless Shaker...

Reactions: TERRASTAR18

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
17,091 Posts
She's too late now. Sasha Bajin has a new fail pupil. She could've gotten him. :eek: I honestly think that would be a great fit for Kerber. She's old and mature enough to deal with his 'immatureness' at times and if he can get her fit and that lefty serve working, she could honestly dominate this tour again.

·
Registered
87,493 Posts
7 Month wasted.
And when you are 30+ you can´t waste time like this.

But at least she woke up, i feared she would keep going with him
I am so happy about this. Hope she will not hire Rittner now :lol:

She's too late now. Sasha Bajin has a new fail pupil. She could've gotten him. :eek: I honestly think that would be a great fit for Kerber. She's old and mature enough to deal with his 'unmatureness' at times and if he can get her fit and that lefty serve working, she could honestly dominate this tour again.
She can never deal with him. Kerber will never acept a coach who is talking EVERYTHING to press...

·
Registered
87,493 Posts

·
Registered
3,060 Posts

Call him, Angie!

·
Registered
18,855 Posts
She's too late now. Sasha Bajin has a new fail pupil. She could've gotten him. :eek: I honestly think that would be a great fit for Kerber. She's old and mature enough to deal with his 'immatureness' at times and if he can get her fit and that lefty serve working, she could honestly dominate this tour again.
:lol: How much fitter do we need Angie to be?

·
Registered
87,493 Posts
:lol: How much fitter do we need Angie to be?
:worship: She is one of the fittest WTA Tour players...this is really NOT her problem.

·
Registered
8,087 Posts
Good, why keep something going on and on when it's just not working ?

Good decision.

I hope she goes for Sam Sumyk, who can really improve her net game (the one area of her game she is severely lacking in).

Call him, Angie!

Maybe it could work , but I don't know. Both Garbiñe and La Weaka were coming up to the net a lot before they stated working with Sumyk, and they had the kind of deep and powerful groundstrokes (past tense, in both cases, especially GM) to set up the point and the finish it off at the net with a swing volley (garbiñe's instincts at the net are actually a laugh) and I don't think that was or will ever be Kerber's game. I can't picture her doing that. She's more about pure baseline counterpunching, going DTL, hitting angles, getting her opponents off balance, and judging by what happened with Garbiñe, a more aggressive mindset wasn't exactly a priority of Sumyk, apart from making her play exactly the same every match, regardeless of opponent. I don't want to see Angie starting to play 90% of her shots CC with no intention whatsoever,

1 - 20 of 54 Posts