Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 319 Posts

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I tend to start many threads about British juniors but I think she's worthy of one. Katy is 14 years old, our number one 1995 girl, ranked 8 in Europe. She is born February 16, 1995.

This week she's making her ITF junior debut at a grade 4 in Nottingham. She won her first match 63 61 against a fellow Brit. She next faces seeded Brit, Ruth Seaborne. Go Katy!

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Katy is into the semis after a 62 57 64 win! :woohoo: Next is up #1 seeded, Austrian Christina Mathis. This will be tough but why stop there? Go Katy!

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
Good start to her career.

I hadn't even heard of Katie untill eddie Herr and Organe Bowl last year i think and now shes moving on up

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, she didn't do so well in singles, losing to a Turkish wildcard in three sets in the first round :)o), but her and Caitlin Hindmarsh made the doubles final, losing to the Hopper sisters.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
After losing a tough 3-setter to Eleanor Dean in the final of the 14s nationals, Katy is focusing her efforts at the 16s, where she is through to the quarters against Francesca Stephenson after defeating Cassidy Crawford and upsetting Joanna Henderson 61 62! Go Katy!

1 - 20 of 319 Posts