Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 1748 Posts

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Katie is playing a grade 2 event in South Africa this week as the #8 seed. She won her first match without conceding a game. Hopefully she have a deep run this week and get even closer to the top 100.

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
After rain washed out play yesterday, Katie had to play two rounds today, winning both matches easily to advance to the semifinal.

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Katie up to 134 in the world after a semifinal result in both singles and doubles. She's playing another grade 2 I'm South Africa this week and has already won her first round match. It looks like she will be in the top 100 in no time.

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
She's dropped three games in three matches this week. She doesn't waste time against players she should beat. Tough but interesting match tomorrow against Maia Lumsden. If Katie were to win she would enter the top 100.

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
She's through to the third round in California following two straight set wins, including a double bagel win today. She faces kaitlyn McCarthy for a spot in the quarterfinal.

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Katie through to the third round at the Easter Bowl. She has to win her next match for her ranking to benefit. She plays 6th seed Raquel Pedraza next. A great opportunity for progress despite being a slight underdog.

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
She's into the semis with a straight forward 62 62 win. She faces Michaela Gordon next, a player she lost to in three sets at the u14 world team cup last year, despite winning the first set 60.

·
5,560 Posts
New CH of #58 for Katie. What's the ranking cut off for the slam MDs?

while Swan's serve began to become less effective. Swan called for a trainer at the end of the first set, with her shins the source of the discomfort.

"Yesterday both my shins started to hurt. I think the tissue is rubbing on the bone," said Swan, a 15-year-old from Bristol, England, whose family now lives in Wichita, Kansas. "But it will be okay soon."

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
New CH of #58 for Katie. What's the ranking cut off for the slam MDs?

Is that the anticipated ranking? I'm still getting 7 Apr rankings at itftennis.com.

Fact sheet for RG is a bit rubbish, it doesn't even say how many direct acceptances there are. My memory's not what it was, if it ever was, but I don't think 58 would usually get DA for RG, maybe not even for Wimby and USO, would get you into Oz, of course.

For RG, there are 64 less 8 qualifiers less 8 WCs less up to 2 SEs as direct acceptances. At least they don't seem to do regional exempts. Most of the top 60 will enter, so 58 won't cut it.

Maybe if you PM Meelis, he'll be kind enough to tell us what the historic cut-off has been.

21 - 40 of 1748 Posts