Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1740 Posts

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Katie, one of our top '99 girls, has won her first itf junior title, a doubles title in a grade 5 in South America. She made the quarterfinal in singles. This should see her ranking into the 800s. Well done Katie!

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Katie made the final of a grade 4 in singles and doubles in Central America but suffered a collapsed lung in the doubles final. Apparently she was rushed to the hospital. I admit to not knowing an awful lot about collapsed lungs, but I read up on it and apparently it isn't too serious. Either way, she and her family must've been absolutely terrified. :sad: I wish her a speedy recovery and hope she can move on from this. :hug:

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Katie is into the quarterfinal of a grade 4 event in Texas, where she beat the #8 seed in straight sets. :) I accidentally posted Katie's results in the thread dedicated to other girls born in 1999. Thanks Embittered for calling me out on it. :lol:

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Through to the semis after her opponent retired while down a set. I would love Katie to make the final (obviously) because, if she does, she could face CiCi Bellis, arguably the best '99 girl in the world.

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
guscocov said:
Felicitaciones a mi @Rafabaquerizo98 campeona del ITF en Bolivia!!! pic.twitter.com/7vzPU6t7Xm
Oh, could have been better, then.:(

EDIT: this is more convincing.

@kennycastrog said:
Excelente triunfo y felicitaciones a la ecuatoriana @Rafabaquerizo98 CAMPEONA del ITF Junior de Santa Cruz BOL ganó 61 63 a Katie Swan GBR

·
THE LADY IN BLACK
9,206 Posts
What a nice name :) And she looked cute from what I can tell from the videos. Does anyone have a picture of her to post?

1 - 20 of 1740 Posts