Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 785 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't find a thread for her so I decided to make one seeing as she reached her first $10k QF at just 14 and a half years old this week in Bournemouth!

·
Registered
6,173 Posts
Katie is in the semis of the Orange Bowl 16s where she is the highest seeded player left at #2. It would be great if she could win but we'll just have to wait and see.

·
5,560 Posts
Shame she lost the final, i'm actually really impressed with her game! Amazing groundstrokes.

·
Registered
5,908 Posts
24th Mitsubishi-Lancer International Junior Championships, Philippines, Grade 1

Semifinal

Ipek SOYLU (TUR) [1] 6-2 6-3 Sara TOMIC (AUS) [11]
Katie BOULTER (GBR) [13] 6-3 7-6(4) Nina STOJANOVIC (SRB) [3]

I think she'll go well into the top 40 on the back of this. GB no. 1 is out of reach for now (unless Katy has big points coming off, didn't bother checking).

·
Registered
5,908 Posts
Lost the final to Soylu again. :( Possibly both finals, Soylu won the doubles too but I don't know if Katie and Isabelle made it. Treasonous @johnny_omara was pulling against Katie: https://twitter.com/Jonny_OMara/status/315598322423431169

p.s No, she lost the doubles semi. Won the middle set in the singles final.

p.p.s. This may give a clue http://sports.inquirer.net/92935/soylu-norrie-lancer-tennis-champions
Soylu dropped a set for the first time in the tournament but came back strong in the deciding set to end the upset bid of Boulter, who also lost to the pretty Turk in last week’s Sarawak Chief Minister’s Cup final.

·
Registered
5,908 Posts
40 counts as well inside the top 40, doesn't it?

20 DUNNE, Katy -3 GBR 16 Feb 1995 34 588.75
40 BOULTER, Katie +18 GBR 01 Aug 1996 34 460.00
75 DART, Harriet -6 GBR 28 Jul 1996 39 355.63
82 WALLACE, Isabelle -2 GBR 07 Sep 1996 34 340.00

·
Registered
6 Posts
Such a shame she didn't finish off Soylu, equally very impressive drop into the top 50. Looking forward to seeing how she performs in Roland Garros and Jr Wimbledon this year.
@Pesto - great vid she seems like a very sweet girl... have great hopes for her! - Perhaps the next Laura Robson? *fingers crossed*
@Embittered - Poor show from Johnny O'Mara, thanks for all the updates.

·
Premium Member
6,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Always thought this girl was good.

In 5 years time British tennis will be in a REALLY good place.

·
5,560 Posts
It would be great if she could win a Junior Slam or get to a F. That would make people see her potential.

She's got a pretty game too. If she delivers on court she could be big.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
She looks like she has easy power off both wings, nice service technique. Agree, hope she can make some sort of impact in the next couple of grand slams/G1's

·
Registered
5,908 Posts
Katie has a wild card into Woking 25K and has received (with all due respect to Hollie) a gift of a first round draw. If I've done my calculations correctly, a win will take Katie to 10 WTA points and give her a ranking:confused:.

1 - 20 of 785 Posts