Tennis Forum banner
1581 - 1600 of 1682 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
6-4 6-2 against Fita Boluda, probably one of her best wins this year and also so much better than yesterday. From what I saw her backhand was absolutely on fire and she was trying to be aggressive today, which worked out :)

·
Registered
849 Posts
She won 6-4 6-2 vs. Fita Bolunda. Very strong performance after starting the match down a double break at 1-4*. She wasn't broken again in the match. She won 67% (28/42) on 1st serve and 50% (9/18, DFs) on 2nd. She was able to break Fita Bolunda 5 times. Fita Bolunda only won 49% (20/41) on 1st serve and 38% (8/21) on 2nd.

SF vs. qualifier Aneta Kucmova (CZE) (WTA 544), who won easily over Rivkin 6-2 6-0. Another great chance for a Final.

·
Registered
9,624 Posts
What a good win. I watched the 2nd set and she played great. Especially her footwork (one of her strength in general) which was lacking since she had Covid was back to being really really great again. That was encouraging.

·
Registered
19,015 Posts
With her recent results she already secured a remain in the Top 400 and thatfor will be in reach of 25ks all summer long. I hope she'll be back at GS Level by French Open 2023 at the latest.

·
Registered
9,624 Posts
I couldn’t follow it today but Kathi makes b2b 25k finals with a 6-4 2-6 6-2 win against Kucmova in Stuttgart.
Really happy for her.

·
Registered
240 Posts
6-4 2-6 6-2 win over Kucmova. Kathy really didn't play her best tennis today and also had a MTO at 0-3 in the second set and also got treated after the match was over. Already had a strapped thigh so it might be related to that, it definitely was something with her leg

·
Registered
849 Posts
6-4 2-6 6-2 win over Kucmova. Kathy really didn't play her best tennis today and also had a MTO at 0-3 in the second set and also got treated after the match was over. Already had a strapped thigh so it might be related to that, it definitely was something with her leg
The MTO was for her other (right) thigh/knee. The trainer just massaged it and didn't strap it. I assume it was cramps or muscle tightness. It really didn't seem to impact her movement very much the remainder of the match. Kucnova was generally the more aggressive player, but also more UEs.

·
Registered
240 Posts
The MTO was for her other (right) thigh/knee. The trainer just massaged it and didn't strap it. I assume it was cramps or muscle tightness. It really didn't seem to impact her movement very much the remainder of the match. Kucnova was generally the more aggressive player, but also more UEs.
Yeah I just realized that her left thigh was strapped and not the right one, which she had the MTO on

·
Registered
849 Posts
She won 7-5 6-2 over Kraus. Important win as she replaces 80 of the 87 ranking points that she dropped over the last 2 weeks. She is up to around 260 in the live rankings. She only has 32 ranking points to defend through the end of August, so she has a chance to make the USO qualifying if she can earn ~80 ranking points over the next 1 1/2 mounts.

·
Registered
9,624 Posts
What a great effort to turn her season and ranking drop around. :)
I know she‘ll take next week off but what will be her next tournament?

·
Registered
240 Posts
She won 7-5 6-2 over Kraus. Important win as she replaces 80 of the 87 ranking points that she dropped over the last 2 weeks. She is up to around 260 in the live rankings. She only has 32 ranking points to defend through the end of August, so she has a chance to make the USO qualifying if she can earn ~80 ranking points over the next 1 1/2 mounts.
Isn't the deadline for the US Open qualifying 4 weeks prior to the start of the tournament and therefore at the end of July? She has 254 points right now and only has 9 points to defend in July. If she could earn around 40-50 points in the next 2-3 weeks she would have around ~290 and would be ranked around 230 in the world.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Isn't the deadline for the US Open qualifying 4 weeks prior to the start of the tournament and therefore at the end of July? She has 254 points right now and only has 9 points to defend in July. If she could earn around 40-50 points in the next 2-3 weeks she would have around ~290 and would be ranked around 230 in the world.
Yes, you are right. I believe the cutoff will actually be July 25th, which is 4 weeks before the qualifying draw is made. She is currently ranked 258 with 261 ranking points. She will drop the 9 ranking points on 7/25, so you are correct that she needs ~50 ranking points from her next 2 tournaments to get to ~300 ranking points that would rank her ~230. To get to ~240, she would need ~35 ranking points.

1581 - 1600 of 1682 Posts