Tennis Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading her Bio. on the WTA site and it says she is coached by her doubles partner, Tina Krizan. It seems to me that Katarina has a lot of talent, so will we ever see it with Tina Krizan as her coach? Is it time Katarina finds a new coach (and doubles partner?)

· Team WTAworld, Senior Member
8,026 Posts
I thought I heard a month ago or something, that Katarina had actually dumped Tina =P

· Registered
8,828 Posts
Tina Krizan is playing doubles in Leipzig with Perebiynis... :confused: but they played together in Bogota earlier this year too, so, who knows.

· Registered
26,637 Posts
I hope they split, as Tina entered them in dubs all ova last year so Kata always ran out of steam in the singles draws. IMO, the SLO Fed. were a bunch of whores to permit this blatant conflict of interest that only benefitted Tina. (This year it didn't happen so much so I guess Kata rebelled). I hope she did dump that lame excuse for a coach.

· Registered
3,489 Posts
wow i cant believe that someone who is a solid top 50 player could be coached by a peer [and a low-ranked one at that], i think that srebotnik should go find herself a coach that can really listen to her and help her out

· Registered
4,627 Posts
Just small FYI:
Gaby Sabatini was Katarina's mentor in the Partners For Success Program. :)

I really hope she gets a new coach. This partnership with Tina is hurting her more. :eek:

· Registered
1,583 Posts
Tina Krizan has been around for years and was once a consistent top 100 player or so with a lot of unrealized potential and just cos she never made it further doesnt mean she wouldnt be a very good coach, Jason Stoltenberg was a great oach to Lleyton Hewitt for example, and there are many other players that dont quite reach the top of tennis but make great coaches and have great knowledge or else they wouldnt have been pro players at all

· Registered
12,908 Posts
Yeah i agree with bello, just bc someone hasnt achieved a lot in tennis doesnt mean they wouldnt be a great coach. They could have a lot of ideas about strategies and how to play the game, but just cant execute it themselves. Most coaches of top players arent players themselves or were never as successful as their charges, doesnt mean they arent good coaches.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.