Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 4271 Posts

·
Registered
9,111 Posts
Katarina is playing a great week in Antwerp :)

She had a disappointing Australian Open, going out to Baltacha in the first round (admittedly to my joy ;)) and that was after beating Asagoe to win the Tier V Auckland title the week before :)

This week:

R1: def. Maria-Elena Camerin ITA 3-6 6-2 6-4 :)
R2: def. Anna Chakvetadze RUS 4-6 6-1 7-6(12) :eek: :D
QF: vs. Anastasia Myskina RUS

Good luck Prof!

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
She is sooo nice and a great tennisplayer. Me and I friend has been fallowing her this week in stockholm and she is the absolute favourite this week. We took some pictures with her, I can post them if someone is interested. She is now one of my favourites.

·
Registered
578 Posts
sebbe said:
She is sooo nice and a great tennisplayer. Me and I friend has been fallowing her this week in stockholm and she is the absolute favourite this week. We took some pictures with her, I can post them if someone is interested. She is now one of my favourites.
I'm sure quite a few people would like to see you pictures, Kata has some loyal supporters on this board.:)

·
Registered
68 Posts
obatafan said:
Katarina is playing a great week in Antwerp :)

She had a disappointing Australian Open, going out to Baltacha in the first round (admittedly to my joy ;)) and that was after beating Asagoe to win the Tier V Auckland title the week before :)

This week:

R1: def. Maria-Elena Camerin ITA 3-6 6-2 6-4 :)
R2: def. Anna Chakvetadze RUS 4-6 6-1 7-6(12) :eek: :D
QF: vs. Anastasia Myskina RUS

Good luck Prof!
for the fans, i uploaded my antwerp pics :eek:

vs Chakvetadze

vs Myskina

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
Katarina one her first match this week in the Banka Kooper open. She beat Henrieta Nagyova 2-6, 7-6, 6-3!

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
Katarina made it all the way to the final before losing to Klara Kouklava 6-2, 4-6, 6-3. She plays in Luxemborg this week and faces a qualifier in the first round.

·
The long and winding road.
50,742 Posts
Great thread. Kata deserves her own. She was a bit nervous in the first two rounds in Portorož, playing in front of her home crowd and all, but in the quarters and the semis she played excellent. I went to see her play on Saturday, the crowd offered her great support and she played with a lot of confidence, but she was beaten by a better player in the final.
Good luck to her in Luxembourg.

·
50,742 Posts
Katarina unfortunately lost in the opening round of the FORTIS Championships in Luxembourg to Jarmila Gajdosova (SVK) 6:7 4:6
She will play qualifications in Moscow next.

·
Registered
134 Posts

·
50,742 Posts
Thanks for the pics.
Kata got through to the second round of Zurich qualies today by beating Timea Bacsinszky 6:4 7:5
She plays against Stephanie Dubois next.

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
Nice win Katarina. good luck against Momo!

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
Katarina beat Mauresmo 6-2,6-0! Wow very nice win Katarina! Next up is Ana Ivanovic! Good luck Katarina!

·
Registered
9,111 Posts
:bounce: Go Prof! :bounce:

Some great results this year! :yeah: and the Momo win was just :eek:

1 - 20 of 4271 Posts