Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 515 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts

WTA ranking: 5 ^Career Best Ranking

Heading to her WTAfinal debute in Singapore. (made it very close last year as a substitute)

She is also qualified for doubles final with Julia Goerges, they ranked No.8.

·
Registered
122 Posts
She said her goal in the WTAfinals is to advance from her group.

I don't think she has any chance against Aga and Cibulkova, h2h 0-6 and 0-3. 0:). Hope she prove me wrong.

Other than this, I believe she is capable of bringing up some good matches against other possible opponent.

She might need to play two matches in one day because of doubles. Good luck:smile2:

·
Registered
122 Posts
wonder if she would keep playing doubles in important tournaments next year since her singles results have turned this good.

And with her sister's ranking rise, guess she need to choose partner between Goerges and her sis. Though Barbara is my favorite choice.:laugh2:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Good to know that she is not that sad as she looked when on court.

Karo's after-match interview. No IPTL , and no doubles with her sis next year.

https://www.facebook.com/WTA/videos/10155310820851102/

getting to love her more.

and I insist on two seperate threads for the twins. They are pretty different. especially when you realize Karo is fighting on court of WTAfinals when Kris is posting her beautiful pics in swimsuits.

·
Blighted and solo
43,970 Posts
Awww that old pic of Kaja :awww:

·
Registered
122 Posts
These two..:x:x.

Isn't Karolina the one with poor stamina?:SNE: 2 matches in one day(same as Beezus:worship: ), and a super long single match the day before which only burnt out Mladie's energy.

I can see them keep donminating in Fed Cup. Team atmosphere is so superb unlike many other countries with top players.

‏@WTA
https://twitter.com/WTA/status/797896204109619201
.@KaPliskova & @baraStrycova secure @Fedcup title for Czech Republic, AGAIN!!

Second straight year winning the decisive Doubles match!

·
Registered
599 Posts
No, not really. The second name is a vocative, one of the grammatical cases that Czech language uses. It's beeing used when you call or address someone. In your case it would be:
- Your name is Sandra? / Jmenuješ se Sanda?
- Come with me, Sandra! / Pojď se mnou, Sandro!

Most of the grammatical cases modifies the nouns or even the names. So Karolína's nickname is being used as: Kája, Káju, Kájou, Kájo, Káje, Káji..
Welcome to the Czech grammar hell :D

·
Registered
122 Posts
No, not really. The second name is a vocative, one of the grammatical cases that Czech language uses. It's beeing used when you call or address someone. In your case it would be:
- Your name is Sandra? / Jmenuješ se Sanda?
- Come with me, Sandra! / Pojď se mnou, Sandro!

Most of the grammatical cases modifies the nouns or even the names. So Karolína's nickname is being used as: Kája, Káju, Kájou, Kájo, Káje, Káji..
Welcome to the Czech grammar hell :D
Wow, thanks. Sounds like a pretty complicated language.
I think she is fine with people calling her Karo considering her nickname has so many different vocative versions back home.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Jiří Vaněk doesn't coach Karolína anymore..

I'd say this is very bad news. He was very important part of her success (imho). And it's gonna be extremely difficult to find someone like him.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Maybe they think there is not much left he can help her improve , or some other things happened like coach's salary disagreement

Only thing I know is Vanek's on-court coaching seems work for her or at least she kept calling him into the court as long as she could.

·
Registered
122 Posts
google translation:

Kotyza on Plíšková: What job should I accept, if not this?
The second best Czech Kvitova hired Vanek and ranking the highest placed compatriot Pliskova takes Kotyza, who says: "What job should I accept, if not this?"
How hard did you decide?
I had to cancel a few agreements. I told Carolina that is probably the only player in the world to me to have coerced. For me it is very interesting tennis player at world level. I've got a big challenge. And of course the responsibility.
Did you have another season to lead hopeful Barbara Štefková that?
Yes. I believed it could work out. From a human perspective, it was very difficult to reach an agreement to cancel. On the other hand, I felt deep inside that range from the Carolinas want to marry. And when I put everything on the scales , I decided for her.
According to original plans, you wanted to spend more time at home with his wife and young son. S Carolina awaits a lot of traveling. I've considered this?
That was even worse. But my wife encouraged me. And I believe that Caroline can find the right model and weeks when I can spend with your family.
David Kotyza
Did she put in you the desire for home cool and then return to big tennis circus?
I nevábí life in the limelight. Unexpected opportunity came from the highest levels. Myself, I asked: When you do not take this job, so who would you really have to address? I never imagined. Such a chance may not come again. And so all bites.
Really you do not have a favorite gig?
Courts are the same everywhere. Rather, I think of some places emotions, which carry a big victory. They can not be purchased anywhere, are not transferable. Now you attract me most. I'd like to have seen. And one area for me always will be the charm.
It stands on the edge of London's a lot of greenery, Petra there twice won a silver platter ...
Exactly!
What have you and Caroline managed to plan?
Perhaps the program until the end of the year. Now he devotes physicist in Bratislava with Slovak coaches. We will build a tennis training, which culminate extraliga in Prostejov. January is clear, we fly to Australia and the march solve other things.
Have you had developed a "kotyzovský" analysis of her game?
Completing the analysis before, I want her to know her before we go to court. Yet passed the initial questionnaire.
And you interested in it?
Intrigued me everything. Enough! In good. I reveal more.
Sometimes the nerves. The coach David Kotyza are watching Petra Kvitova.
What do you think it stuck?
Do we started together, so I can hardly responsible. Outsiders perceive it as a great tennis player. I need to get to know her closer. A major victory in itself a tennis player must have the mental strength, character of a champion, which currently can only guess. Certainly I think it enormous possibilities.
Do you think the procedure in the US Open final and hike up to fifth place ranking this year only hinted what may prove?
I believe that knocking on my ceiling. At the same time, we can not expect to just go up. The first half of the season was not all rosy. But can aim very high.
You will be the sixth woman on the ladder yet somehow tennis tutor?
The devil is often in the details. The major triumph must pass a series of fragments. As some are missing, the path is difficult. I certainly do not intend to redo. We have fun, how to develop her game. The transition to network efficiency in the second workshop , on site fitness ... That's a major but stuck in her head.
Commentator Mats Wilander her at the US Open he performed divination gain five Grand Slam titles. What do you think?
It said that two weeks earlier! Previously on the Grand Slam has not passed the third round. Then he rose euphoric wave. They are screams in the dark. Potential Kaja has guaranteed there. Need an X factor, some say good luck to all came together.
Are you satisfied that Carolina likes to court dictates like Peter?
An advantage it certainly is. Any input data from previous engagements and I am certain I can use. In many ways Caroline and Peter, although different, but the style of play is similar.
The coach proudly. David Kotyza, coach Petra Kvitova was on his ward during the Wimbledon final proud.
The men's tennis rule oborontsi Murray Djokovic. Do you think the women's circuit could dominate ranařky?
It is interesting how both camps evolve in a different direction. The current leader Angelique Kerber breaks down a bit, but I believe that at the WTA Tour's future strategy right, they profess Kaja and Petra.
It opened before them interesting era in which he probably will not be any trophies to collect worn Serena Williams, Azarenka is on maternity leave, Sharapova facing a great comeback after a penalty for doping. Do you agree?
Yes, players disappear dominance of one or a small group of stars. The girls, who are around the top, offers a wonderfully interesting situation.
Peter and Caroline have a staggered swapped coaches. You see the tennis castling something special?
Petra looked more like Czech coach Jiri Vanek and participated in Karolíniných successes in recent years, so it's a logical choice.
They backstage chess disrupt relations spoluhráček of fedcupového team? Or tennis players are genuine professionals, for whom the exchange of coaches only trade issue?
Crossing the careers of two top players and two coaches from the same country is a coincidence. I can not speak for the girls, but I get along well with both. I was not looking in that drama. Subtitles may look wild, but in a normal tennis practice, nothing happens and goes away. The same is true for the Fed Cup, you'll see in February in Ostrava.

1 - 20 of 515 Posts