Tennis Forum banner

Will you still root for/like Sesil?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
17,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sesil is coming back in 2008... even though she got suspended for "cheating", will you still cheer for her? Or, since you like her, you'll always like her, no matter what??

vote :) This should be interesting...

·
Registered
25,370 Posts
she was just so young i feel she was not forced to cheat just told that she would get away with it she was young and impresionable i hope when she comes back she has matured and people give her a chance!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Sesil is coming back in 2008... even though she got suspended for "cheating", will you still cheer for her? Or, since you like her, you'll always like her, no matter what??

vote :) This should be interesting...
What kind of cheating;

(sharapova like bathroom break cheating or coaching assist cheating, or "substances" cheating, boosted raquets cheating OR ....

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Well you can clearly see her name in my Sig even then....

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Its like the Canas situation right?

·
Registered
10,890 Posts
Will Karatantcheva still cheer for herself? I'd guess so.

·
Blighted and solo
43,980 Posts
I love Sesil. Surely a 15 yo didn't come up with the idea to start doping on her own!

·
Registered
17,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I love Sesil. Surely a 15 yo didn't come up with the idea to start doping on her own!
I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it. There's high schoolers that take crap everyday like steroids and shit you wouldn't even imagine. I'm not saying she did it, I'm just saying that it's possible that it was her idea.

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
Instead:
Yes, it doesn't matter what she did!

Correct is:
Yes, it doesn't matter what her dad(coach) did!

She have only 15 at RG2005 when she is "pregnant". It's not her decission for sure. Even Dokic or Lucic never say NO theys dad-coaches when have only 15!

·
Registered
17,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I guess most real fans would still like her. But i'll also bet there's people that think "oh, i'll root for so-and-so because the person she's playing got caught doping"

·
Registered
17,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Instead:
Yes, it doesn't matter what she did!

Correct is:
Yes, it doesn't matter what her dad(coach) did!

She have only 15 at RG2005 when she is "pregnant". It's not her decission for sure. Even Dokic or Lucic never say NO theys dad-coaches when have only 15!
I don't understand why everyone is so sure it's her coach. I'm only 16, and I'm not saying that I would "dope", but I certainly would have been able to figure out how to do it on my own, if i wanted to.

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Where's the option for the people who started cheering for her after the doping scandal?

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
I don't understand why everyone is so sure it's her coach. I'm only 16, and I'm not saying that I would "dope", but I certainly would have been able to figure out how to do it on my own, if i wanted to.
Are you realy belive that this is decission of 15 y.o. girl?

Also, look at this situation: if you are one of two most talented 15 y.o. girls in world (2nd is Nicole in that time) and your dad who is your coach also and who sacrifice for you and your career his whole life (and you lisned this story about 1000 times like child)... and when say to you - use this things... all worlds TOP athlets use this... it's public secret, i know it (i'm not naive litle girl like you my princess) and you know that i wish you only best and if you not use this you dont have any chances against all others who all use this... etc...etc

Please... dont tell me that you expect "Fu*k you dady" reaction of 15 y.o. girl to her lovely papa who sacrifice himself so much for her and ever helped and supported her so far and ...etc ...etc

No chances!

·
Registered
17,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Are you realy belive that this is decission of 15 y.o. girl?

Also, look at this situation: if you are one of two most talented 15 y.o. girls in world (2nd is Nicole in that time) and your dad who is your coach also and who sacrifice for you and your career his whole life (and you lisned this story about 1000 times like child)... and when say to you - use this things... all worlds TOP athlets use this... it's public secret, i know it (i'm not naive litle girl like you my princess) and you know that i wish you only best and if you not use this you dont have any chances against all others who all use this... etc...etc

Please... dont tell me that you expect "Fu*k you dady" reaction of 15 y.o. girl to her lovely papa who sacrifice himself so much for her and ever helped and supported her so far and ...etc ...etc
Okay, look at this situation:

Damn it, I only made it to the 4th round of the US Open. I want to be the BEST 15 year old ever... what can I do to make it there? Oh, look at this wonderful thing I've discovered. They'll never give me a blood test, i'll be fine.

You honestly think the dad would put his daughter in that situation? It's not his success we're talking about, it's hers. Most dads wouldn't care if there daughter was #1 or #5000, and she was FAR from 5000.

I'm not saying she came up with it, but I'm also not agreeing with the fact that he "tricked" her into it. For all I know she could have taken it on accident!!! I'm just saying that anything is possible, and I guess only her and her dad will ever know the truth

·
Worshipping the bangs
62,496 Posts
Oh hell yes Sesil is definitely on my favorites-in-waiting list.

What can I say? I'm just a typical guy with a typical Madonna/whore complex.

Lena is an :angel:
Sesil is a:devil:

·
Registered
35,860 Posts
I'll still cheer for her. The bottom line is that she screwed up, either by intentionally doping or by picking the wrong people to be involved in these decisions (and sometimes the wrong people are the parents, sadly enough). She's been very low-key since the sentencing and somebody of that age absolutely deserves a second chance.

I'm just surprised that she hasn't taken part in anything like the Bundesliga or French club events or World Team Tennis since her sentencing, especially since she can't play on the tour.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts