Tennis Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never seen such an awful serve from a pro tennis player.
She practically puts the ball in play on her 2nd serve.
Her serve looks as if she started playing tennis a few days ago.

Reactions: Elleke

·
63,618 Posts
Who cares... we still loves her! :) You forgetten about her groundstrokes are almost flawless! :p

Reactions: JasonW

·
Banned
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
410 Posts
but I think serve has become one of the most important in woman's tennis nowadays...if you can't hit the ball with either power or pace, definitely you are going to be "killed" by your opponent!

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
novotnaquinton said:
but I think serve has become one of the most important in woman's tennis nowadays...if you can't hit the ball with either power or pace, definitely you are going to be "killed" by your opponent!
Who killed Aniko recently? I wouldn't call a 7-6 in the third a killer performance!

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
26,373 Posts
Actually I don't serve makes much difference any more.

Just look at the performances of Myskina, Dementieva, Kapros and even Zvonareva in recent weeks :)

·
Worshipping POP ICON GODDESSES
7,880 Posts
Her are groundies are impeccably produced....wonderful timing and clever placement. She is a very clever player.
The serve will be a liability against the top girls though.....the second ball is weaker than Dementieva or Myskina.
She is going to have to get herself into great physical shape to try and compensate for the weakness.

·
Registered
15,448 Posts
zvonareva has a better serve compared to the rest of those girls mentioned!

the worst serve EVER is anna k's serve. and eleni danilidou's is awful too.

·
Registered
620 Posts
VCR said:

Anna K second serve is still better then Aniko! Anna put's a lot of spin on it and it bounces very high. Aniko hits it flatter then flat..

·
Registered
34,672 Posts
VCR said:

:haha: anna's is bad, but it's WAY better than aniko's. at least anna CAN hit it hard and when she doesn't at least it has a high kick that bothers opponents. aniko taps it in flatter and softer than anyone ive ever seen...

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
15,169 Posts
Yah, I remember Daniilidou's serve from this year's Aussie Open....she double faulted so many time :angel: I haven't seen Aniko's serve yet, I wanna see it!

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Well i suppose it displays how good the rest of her game is, and if she worked on it (dont know what would be stopping her) then she could be quite successful indeed!

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
Anna K's 2nd serve is better than Aniko's. Anna hit a 2nd serve ace against Dokic that spun away from Jelena...

·
Registered
11,058 Posts
when kournikova plays well (i know it's a rarity) i think she has one of the best serves on tour. very fews girls have the ability to kick it like she can and when she flattens it out she serves quite a few aces.

when she wasa top 10 player she had a great serve

1 - 18 of 18 Posts