454 Posts
Re: Kaia Ranking & Schedule Thread

I have her Q&A on my computer... so I will try to post them later today

·
Registered
9,954 Posts

Kaia's grass season looks to be just 2 tournaments

The Dutch Open (Den Bosch/Rosmalen/Top Shelf Open/??? it has too many names:sobbing:)

Wimbledon

After that it's interesting.. will she return to clay, or take some time off and prepare for the US swing. There are Palermo and Bastad back-to-back after Wimbledon. She hasn't even had a chance to play in Palermo after she won there 2 years ago.. so maybe this year..

·
Registered
37,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #64

Kaia's grass season looks to be just 2 tournaments

The Dutch Open (Den Bosch/Rosmalen/Top Shelf Open/??? it has too many names:sobbing:)

Wimbledon

After that it's interesting.. will she return to clay, or take some time off and prepare for the US swing. There are Palermo and Bastad back-to-back after Wimbledon. She hasn't even had a chance to play in Palermo after she won there 2 years ago.. so maybe this year..
I think she should try and play as much as she can without getting injured :)
I really hope that Kaia can one day get that SF of a GS that she never got at Wimbledon :(

If she can win one of Bastad or Palermo and then whore up the points at Standford, Carlsbad etc. she should dbe close to Top 15 :D Although those tournaments will be stronger this year due to there being no Olympics :(

Still, I think a Career High for the end of the year should be Kaia's goal :D

If she can make the QF (which is very very achievable given how bad Na has been) then she will almost be Top 20 with virtually no points to defend for 9 Months :D

·
Registered
9,954 Posts

Well, I'd rather she'd take it maybe a bit more lightly, doesn't need to travel tournament to tournament as long as she could just you know.. win them :angel: quality over quantity

Anyway, so much for my Palermo guess.. she's entered to Budapest!:eek: along with CSN, Cornet, Safarova, Halep to name the currently hot names + Pironkova (grass hot). But this is still so far away, who knows their forms by then..

·
Registered
37,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #66

Decided to separate these 2 threads into Ranking and Schedule separately :)

·
Registered
37,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
I wish Kaia had played either Birmingham or Nurnberg (preferably Birmingham Qualies to get some match practice) this week to get her back on the right track in terms of confidence :(

Aside from Jankovic in Nurnberg, she really could have won either tournament IMO and its tournaments like these which she needs to give her confidence and points :(

BTW, is Kaia rich, as she doesn't seem to A) have many sponsors or B) be much of an extravagent spender, although I have heard she has a car, but it didn't seem ridiculously expensive from what I saw :shrug:

·
Registered
9,954 Posts
In Birmingham she would have been seeded. Besides isn't Birmingham known for lousy weather also?:lol: She might be have the bad-weather-quota filled for a while now. She was a top seed there a few years ago, but lost to Arina Rodionova, their match was moved from center court to somewhere else to like court 2 or so. In one of her interviews she reminds this as one of her worse losses.

There was this article 3 years ago http://www.ekspress.ee/news/paevauu...imeline-kumne-hulka-tousma-kull.d?id=31575981 I don't think it's changed drastically, so.

·
Registered
37,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
In Birmingham she would have been seeded. Besides isn't Birmingham known for lousy weather also?:lol: She might be have the bad-weather-quota filled for a while now. She was a top seed there a few years ago, but lost to Arina Rodionova, their match was moved from center court to somewhere else to like court 2 or so. In one of her interviews she reminds this as one of her worse losses.

There was this article 3 years ago http://www.ekspress.ee/news/paevauu...imeline-kumne-hulka-tousma-kull.d?id=31575981 I don't think it's changed drastically, so.
I know but I still think that it would have been beneficial :)
If she had played she would have been 3rd Seed: She would get a BYE, then probably Pironkova, then Jovanovski, then Ula Radwanska, then Flipkens and then Lisicki, Makarova, Robson or Paszek :shrug:

They are all winnable IMO even in Roland Garros form so unless she is intentionally playing a small schedule to prevent injury, I think that she really could/should have played here :shrug:

Has she had any problems with her hip injury from Madrid? :)

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
I wonder if Kaia is really going to play Budapest after her deep run in Wimbledon. She has no schedule for July on her webpage yet.

·
Registered
37,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
I think that she should but if she doesn't I won't be too upset. She has a very genuine shot at a SF here :D

·
Registered
9,954 Posts
Kaia said she plans to play 4 tournaments in the US, 2 in Asia, and 1 or 2 in the end of the season.

Well, she's entered to

Washington
Toronto (with SR)
Cincinnati (with SR)
US Open

2 in Asia leaves us with Tokyo and Beijing (I assume)

and then maube Moscow (usually a weaker field, but better points and glory than say smaller ones like Lux and Linz)

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
That means she has to win Washington to get to Sofia :eek:h:

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Oh she has pulled out of Cincinnati as well, didn't notice it before. There surely is an injury involved, otherwise it makes no sense. :crying2:

So her team has chosen the tactics of keeping silent. But good to hear that she'll (try to) play USO at least.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Oh she has pulled out of Cincinnati as well, didn't notice it before. There surely is an injury involved, otherwise it makes no sense. :crying2:

So her team has chosen the tactics of keeping silent. But good to hear that she'll (try to) play USO at least.
:p Kaia is fit and training

61 - 80 of 93 Posts