Tennis Forum banner

4701 - 4720 of 4725 Posts

·
Registered
9,954 Posts
11 days ago they said in an article that they'll send an e-mail to Kaia in a few days regarding Fed Cup..?

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
77,448 Posts
Less than a week to go and things are still uncertain.

Delfi now hints that ETF/Pant does not want to have her in the team at all (not that there haven't been clues about this before). But obviously they would prefer Kaia to withdraw and take the blame.

·
Registered
9,954 Posts
So let's wait and see. Though I'm not sure what the ETF is waiting for if they want the best team possible, or at least that's what they claim.. a bit petty.

·
Registered
9,954 Posts
Besides being a professional tennis player we considered that the team would consist of strong team players and of players who are committed representing Estonia in a long term. We believe we've made the right choice.
Serioulsy??
No words. It's just pure crap.
They've probably worked a whole month on this statement so it would sound as nice as possible.
:confused::(:(:(:(:(:(
Someone's ego is more important than having the best team a country could have. And it's not like the other girls would be on the same level as Kaia so it wouldn't really matter who's playing.

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
I cant at this.
Kaia not committed? She is only 4 ties shy from from getting an official Fed Cup Commitment award. Most of the time she has missed FC is due to injury that forced her out for many months. It is not like she skipped it and played a tournament 2 days later, never.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Sad news. Kaia seems to be disappointed as well. In her latest instagram story she's seen in a practice match (serving then hitting a fh winner) with the caption "All geared up but nowhere to play..."?

·
Registered
600 Posts
So I slept on it and i am pretty pissy!
The federation puts their irrational need to punish Kaia ahead of the crazy good chance to go advance from this group and also ahead of the Estonian fans who may just have missed their last opportunity to see the legend whoop some top ranked asses before she retires

Shame, Estonian Tennis Federation, SHAME!

What's even worse is that Anett is probably trying to be the harmless innocent thing who wants to remain friendly with all parties and does not publicly protest at the STUPID decision by ETF.

Or I dunno, maybe at the end of the day, the news will leak that she demanded a €100k appearance fee and this annoncement was indeed the nicest way of saying FUCK YOU

Like I said, am pissy so forgive the caps pls

·
Registered
173 Posts
Or I dunno, maybe at the end of the day, the news will leak that she demanded a €100k appearance fee and this annoncement was indeed the nicest way of saying FUCK YOU
I really doubt she would have done that as she has financial support from Sõõrumaa now, and ETF certainly didn't have any problems with publicising the 100k thing a few years ago. I do wonder if this has more to do with Pant reportedly really disliking Sõõrumaa, rather than Kaia's relationship with ETF.

·
Registered
37,340 Posts
This entire situation is such a joke, you would think we were talking about pre-school drama. In what universe is it logical to leave out Kaia when she is willing to play at the expense of everyone except some executive’s ego. How some at the federation can have this level of hatred for Kaia (or Sõõrumaa idk) to completely jeopardise the team and punish her and the Estonian tennis community is ridiculous and petulant. The team needs to be selected on an objective basis and if it’s like this surely she won’t be nominated for the Olympics even if she would make it on ranking. Horrible to see, I would love to know what has made everything so toxic. Pant seems to always involve himself more than requires, I can’t be the only one who finds it strange he follows Kontaveit around the world even to her preseason trainings.

·
Registered
37,340 Posts
Has ETL always been this corrupt ?

What even is the history with Pant and Sõõrumaa?

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
77,448 Posts
What even is the history with Pant and Sõõrumaa?
There might be some past business conflicts, but mostly it's a personalities clash, I think.

And Pant (most likely) sees the Estonian tennis as his personal plaything, where nobody is allowed to intervene or question his decisions.

Wow, really?

Do you have quotes we can read?
He was interviewed for the Betsafe bookmaker video podcast and this was one of the things that was discussed.

Estonian news portals did write about it.

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
I realised that the whole February was screwed for Kaia. I guess she normally would have entered St.Petersburg Q but she expected to play FC and couldn't. She had entered a WTA tournament in Hungary but it got cancelled.
All geared up but nowhere to play... like she said :(

Have no idea about her schedule but I think probably IW125K?, IW, Miami.

4701 - 4720 of 4725 Posts