Tennis Forum banner

4681 - 4700 of 4820 Posts

·
Registered
10,630 Posts
So it should be Kaia then. This 1 place could be crucial as there are quite a many potential PR users.

BTW, read that there are some heavy rumours that Kaia will play Fed Cup next year.

·
Registered
55,529 Posts

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
78,803 Posts
Is working with Vemic again and potential Fed Cup participation will be decided after the Australian Open.

·
Registered
9,213 Posts
A solid R1 draw for Kaia! I want her to pick up points here and be able to get into bigger events because she has so much to defend at RG.

·
Registered
9,954 Posts
Kaia lost 67(3) 62 36

Kaia had 2 SPs in the 1st set on Krejcikova's serve, but couldn't convert. In the TB she fell down 0-6 :( , and couldn't recover. Nice 2nd set, started the 3rd with a break, but Krejcikova got an immidiate break back. I thought the let down would come but hoped she'd still win. Such a tough loss and it was a winnable match.

So, Kaia had all the eggs in one basket, counting on AO (not playing Hobart), but it didn't go as well.. I guess the Olympic dream is slipping away now.. Even when she has qualified to the Olympics there's always been something..

Let's see where she'll play next. It would be great to see her play Fed Cup at home, but it's understanable if she chooses no to.

4681 - 4700 of 4820 Posts