Tennis Forum banner

4641 - 4660 of 4720 Posts

·
Registered
10,394 Posts
Really strong enrty list for an ITF tournament indeed, and with so many of them have it 1st priority, it probably won't get much weaker.

Guess she will also play Nantes 60K the next week and call it a season, hopefully she wins some matches and secures herself a spot in AO MD.

·
Registered
7,900 Posts
Never want anyone to be injured, so hope Kalinina recovers soon but it's great that Kaia has barely spent any time on court! Only dropping one game in 2 matches. :cheer:

Hopefully this poises her for a deeper run. I really felt exhaustion played a role in her RG loss this year.

·
Registered
7,900 Posts
Babos was probably the best Q slot she could have been given! :) Only danger is Bertens in the next round. I have faith in Kaia but I kinda wanted Bertens in Shenzhen rather than Bencic personally. I guess we'll see how it all plays out.

·
Registered
10,394 Posts
Nice to see her coming through the qualies so easily.
She beat Babos earlier this year, if she wins again she should break back into top 100 and pretty much secure AO MD spot.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Bertens in Hell!

Kaia certainly has been racing through her matches thus for, never dropped more than 3 games in any of her sets, and also got an early 4-1 RET win, so shouldn't even be that tired, and needs one more win to secure top 100 and AO qualification, so it's not a case of job done. She may well get in now regardless, but one more win would guarantee it, in case there were a few in addition to Boulter, using their PR.

4641 - 4660 of 4720 Posts