Tennis Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not a fan of Justine, but I have great admiration for her. No matter what one feels about her, you have to give her credit for what she has transformed herself into. When she came back this season, it was clear what she did during the off season. She took the time to work on her game...she got a better serve, a better forehand and got in better shape. Most importantly, she worked on her mental.

Lots of players could benefit from her work ethic and dedication to the game and being one of the best.

Last night the difference between her and Kim was clear...ONE CAME TO WIN...the other came not to lose...

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just wanted to add...the Juju was out of her mind excited when she came off the court last night...Carlos and her husband were so giddy, that they looked like school children ;)

They were tons of belgians dancing out in the courtyard after the match as well...

·
Registered
13,640 Posts
:dance: :worship:

·
Registered
115,311 Posts
What Justine did in those two semi-finals, coming from behind in the third set against Serena and Jenn, I don't think you can teach that.
We are watching a 5-foot-5, 120 pound athlete who is very special.

·
Banned
8,642 Posts
whiteplains said:
I am not a fan of Justine, but I have great admiration for her. No matter what one feels about her, you have to give her credit for what she has transformed herself into. When she came back this season, it was clear what she did during the off season. She took the time to work on her game...she got a better serve, a better forehand and got in better shape. Most importantly, she worked on her mental.

Lots of players could benefit from her work ethic and dedication to the game and being one of the best.

Last night the difference between her and Kim was clear...ONE CAME TO WIN...the other came not to lose...
I've been saying this all along- the woman is ambitious- good for her. I am happy for her.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Yep. You can argue that Justine overdoes it sometimes, puts too much hours in her tennis. But the fact is she loves the game, wants to improve, loves to compete, wants to win and never gives up ---------> exciting matches, thank god!!!!!. :bounce:

I read somewhere that she used to live next to a tennis court and spend hours on it, even if she was alone. It's like the tennis game has kept her company and gave her comfort through the years.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think if alot of people got pass all the drama...they would be able to see that she is really something rare in todays game...

I'm so sick of all these talented players out there who are content to just be getting by...they pay lip service to wanting to be better, but they are not willing to put in the hours...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts