Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know for sure when Justine plans to return to competition? Has she recovered from her illness yet? Hopefully she can come back to play the top players so we can see some great summer matches. :D

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
San Diego is where she is scheduled to return.

·
Registered
34,218 Posts
Andrew. said:
Yes, but.... she has plenty of Time To Withdraw Without penalty. The Tour (run by ppl Like Larry Scott, a total lackey of The TD's) Allows A Tournament To keep those who previously filed acceptances "entered" until they withdraw.

Kim was still listed for New Haven the last time I checked; last fall Venus was actually featured on billboards advertising Philly, To Take other examples. Montreal Much More likely return venue for Justine, IMO.

·
Registered
338 Posts
AWESOME…totally awesome!!!! My prediction for US Open ladies final will go down between Henin vs Sharapova and all hell will break loose as it will be the most exciting 3 set match ever.
Topping even 91 Seles vs Capriati and last yr semi Henin vs Caprati.

Justine darling if you’re reading this, could you please get rid of your current outfit as it looks like you’re wearing a giant bib/overalls. How can you even breath in that thing?
What happened to the nice 2 piece you’re wearing in last yr’s French Open and US Open.

Reactions: Havok

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
3,639 Posts
I've read today in the belgian newspaper that she will definitely not play a single match before the Olympics. The Olympics and the US Open are doubtful too, because now she has some problems with her stomach, because of her cytomegalovirus which is up-and-down these days...

So, at the soonest she will be back at the Olympics, but she may as well not play at all again this year!

·
Registered
8,949 Posts
turt said:
I've read today in the belgian newspaper that she will definitely not play a single match before the Olympics. The Olympics and the US Open are doubtful too, because now she has some problems with her stomach, because of her cytomegalovirus which is up-and-down these days...

So, at the soonest she will be back at the Olympics, but she may as well not play at all again this year!
:sad: justine :sad:
oh i hope you are okay for the olympics and for the us open, this is so sad :sad: i didn't think you would be out this long :sad:

·
Registered
13,089 Posts
turt said:

Yep, I read the same. I feel bad for her because that's actually what I am going through as well :sad: I have not the same virus but the result is the same (extreme tiredness) and I have as well at the same time problems with my stomach which I have to follow a special diet for at least a week (in one week we'll see if my blood test will be beter for the stomach part) and well... That's annoying, that's all I can say!! I already lost 2kg in 3 days while I am spending most of my days lying in my bed sleeping...

Get well soon Justine!!!! (and me as well :p)

·
Registered
11,598 Posts
turt said:

Poor Justine :sad:
In which newspaper have you read it?

·
Registered
11,084 Posts
Hopefully that's not true!

That's all I'm counting on :sad:

·
Registered
16,036 Posts
I hear it might be a bit longer than anticipated. They think she
might be pregnant. Ooops. All those days home in Belgium. Everybody (including her father) may now really want to kill Pierre Yves.
Talk about screwing up plans. Well...literally, I suppose.

·
16,136 Posts
JollyRoger said:
Kim was still listed for New Haven the last time I checked; last fall Venus was actually featured on billboards advertising Philly, To Take other examples. Montreal Much More likely return venue for Justine, IMO.
Same..Memphis was covered with Anna mania 3 years in a row and she never came to either .. well yea she did she came to the last two but only made a check presintation in 03 and in 04 she did autographs and a check presintation

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Greenout said:
I hear it might be a bit longer than anticipated. They think she
might be pregnant. Ooops. All those days home in Belgium. Everybody (including her father) may now really want to kill Pierre Yves.
Talk about screwing up plans. Well...literally, I suppose.

PREGNANT??

Ugggh GOD please NO! LOL i am selfish but NO Jusine CANNOT be pregnant before she retires! NO NO NO!!! If she is... PY!! :fiery:
*** run around the house for shotgun and plane tickets to Belgium*** :armed:

thank god this can't ever happen to my other favorite player: Momo :drool:

·
15,168 Posts
Andrew. said:
:bounce: Keep your fingers crossed guys :D

·
Registered
16,036 Posts
MinnyGophers said:
PREGNANT??

Ugggh GOD please NO! LOL i am selfish but NO Jusine CANNOT be pregnant before she retires! NO NO NO!!! If she is... PY!! :fiery:
*** run around the house for shotgun and plane tickets to Belgium*** :armed:

thank god this can't ever happen to my other favorite player: Momo :drool:
If you read DH or La Libre- they make a reference to a some
"stomach" ailment. (hint, hint) It's a subtle comment- but
hey, it's summer in Belgium too; but damn those drafty, rainy
days they've had! Not enough training in the gym and too much...
:hehehe:

I guess this is why the majority of the number 1 players in
the world have never been married while on tour. It's stuff like
this that can happen. :lol:

·
Registered
16,036 Posts
Oh! NO! Houston I think we have a problem. :tape:
I assumed Kimmy would be the first?

I hope it's wrong. We'll simply have to wait. What about the OLYMPICS!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
Oh no!! A pregnancy will mean that she'll be taking another 10 months off, plus probably another year of nursing the baby, plus getting herself back in shape. Man, things were just starting to get great for Justine, and now this virus, and possibly a baby? Damn!

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
WEll Juju said she would definitely be back for the Olympics, so I assume the pregnancy thing is wrong./

·
Banned
959 Posts
I wonder if she is going to play San Diego, otherwise she will have played no US Open series going into US Open, at least Kim is commited to New Heaven.

·
3,639 Posts
CJK said:
I wonder if she is going to play San Diego, otherwise she will have played no US Open series going into US Open, at least Kim is commited to New Heaven.
Kim is still committed but won't play. She will return at the soonest in Hasselt, after the US Open.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts