Tennis Forum banner
81 - 84 of 84 Posts

· Banned
947 Posts
lizchris said:
You're welcome Janie and you are right. I know I am going to catch hell from Justine fans, but you would think that she would be able to keep her mouth shut about the sisters when they are injured and can't play, but she just can't seem to do that (even Jennifer hasn't said anything that can be considered negative about the sisters since Venus withdrew on Friday).
lizchris, i think you're overreacting. henin-hardenne's comment -

"Women's tennis is not only about Venus and Serena,'' said Henin-Hardenne, never past the fourth round at Flushing Meadows. ``You have other players behind them. It's very important to accept that." -

seems to come out of nowhere in the ap article. what was said leading up to this? it could've been taken out of context.

· Banned
177 Posts
Fingon said:
alleycat is so jealous and envious of Justine that it is really a shame. Justine is not even thinking about him/her/it why don't he/she/it keep his/her/its mouth shut about her. Asshole
Why shoud I keep my mouth shut? Then you should also do the same keep your trap shut also. I would never be jealous of a person who is dishonest and does not win fare and square.

· Registered
20,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
hollywood7172 said:
Venus isn't the queen of tennis; she's beatable, you know

how in the HELL is this talking shit or being unrespectful??? capriati said this after OZ2001, when hingis beat venus with a score of something like 61 61. how is that statement profound or rude? true, cappy has never beaten venus, but that doesn't invalidate her quote.

liz, you need to get out into the real world a bit more. if you think what cappy said there is rude, you're in for a BIG surprise when you finally grow up one day sweetie. :wavey: :kiss:
It didn't need to be said.

I do go out in the real world. It's not my problem that nastly people like you and Jennifer are in it. And believe me, I am probably more grown up than you are.

Again, if you don't like what is being posted here, no one put a gun to your head to read what's in here, you could have started your own thread.

· Registered
20,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
doloresc said:
lizchris, i think you're overreacting. henin-hardenne's comment -

"Women's tennis is not only about Venus and Serena,'' said Henin-Hardenne, never past the fourth round at Flushing Meadows. ``You have other players behind them. It's very important to accept that." -

seems to come out of nowhere in the ap article. what was said leading up to this? it could've been taken out of context.
I don't think so. You would think that she would be smart enough by now to know, especially after the French Open, that the meida would try to goad her into saying something that could be construed as negative about the Williams sisters. But this just shows that as smart as she may be on the tennis court, she needs to learn how to use finesse when in an interview. Unfortunately, she will lean the hard way..

81 - 84 of 84 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.