Tennis Forum banner
41 - 60 of 84 Posts

· Registered
20,647 Posts
tennischick said:
Justine makes no sense IMO. this statement would make more sense if she had made it when S & V were actually playing. as it is they are not, so Justine's words can only be interpreted as attention-seeking babble.

the girl is so hungry and determined to become #1...
do you even know what the question was that illicited the response?

· Registered
20,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 · (Edited)
yukon145 said:
Can you back up those "nasty comments" with quotes by Capriati?
Please note: some of the comments were paraphrased

July 2001 on Serena's comments about being sick after losing to Capriati at Wimbeldon:

"I expect this from her. She has an excuse for losing to me every time we play. I know the truth inside and most people do too"
She hasn't beat Serena since
(In Jennifer's defense, all Serena had to do was win two more points becasue she was up 6-4, 5-3, 30-15 in the match, sick or not)

August 2001 on Monica's grunting after losing the semifinal they played at the Acura Classic:

"The loud grunting was unnecssary. It was as if she were doing it on purpose"
I don't know if theyn have playe since then, but Monica denied it and Lindsay and Venus showed her no sympathy when they were asked about Monica's grunting

October 2001 racting to Lindsay's comments after she reached number one (Lindsay said that the true number one (Venus) wasn't even playing at the moment)

"I find it odd that someone who hasn't even won a Grand Slam in almost two years can comment about who is the true number one"
Until Saturday, she was unable to beat Lindsay, including at the tournament where Lindsay made those comments.

· Registered
20,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
shap_half said:
let then let me play my violin for you...

people need to stop reading in between the lines and trying to find something to hate on
There is nothing to find. She is so loose with the lips like Capriati you don't have to find; she gives it to you.

· Chionophile
40,400 Posts
lizchris said:
Please note: some of the comments were paraphrased

July 2001 on Serena's comments about being sick after losing to Capriati at Wimbeldon:

"I expect this from her. She has an excuse for losing to me every time we play. I know the truth inside and most people do too"
She hasn't beat Serena since
(In Jennifer's defense, all Serena had to do was win two more points becasue she was up 6-4, 5-3, 30-15 in the match, sick or not)

August 2001 on Monica's grunting after losing the semifinal they played at the Acura Classic:

"The loud grunting was unnecssary. It was as if she were doing it on purpose"
I don't know if theyn have playe since then, but Monica denied it and Lindsay and Venus showed her no sympathy when they were asked about Monica's grunting

October 2001 racting to Lindsay's comments after she reached number one (Lindsay said that the true number one (Venus) wasn't even playing at the moment)

"I find it odd that someone who hasn't even won a Grand Slam in almost two years can comment about who is the true number one"
Until Saturday, she was unable to beat Lindsay, including at the tournament where Lindsay made those comments.
Why do you care what Jennifer said in the past. Now if she said right now, maybe I might see the point, but about what she said to Serena, Monica LAST YEAR? :lol: Get a life!

I don't think Serena, Monica et al, even remembers those comments. lol

· Registered
20,647 Posts
alleycat said:
Justine is so jealous and envious of Venus and Serena that it is really a shame. Venus and Serena is not even thinking about her why don't she keep her mouth shut about them. Cheater.
you're such a fucking idiot! People ask her you know! She doesn't even like talking to journalist but they ask her and she answer

· Registered
20,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Sam L said:
Why do you care what Jennifer said in the past. Now if she said right now, maybe I might see the point, but about what she said to Serena, Monica LAST YEAR? :lol: Get a life!

I don't think Serena, Monica et al, even remembers those comments. lol
Someone asked me what nasty comments Jennifer made about other players. These were the ones I came up with. If you don't like it, you have two choices, read it and move on or don't come to this post at all. You act as if someone has a fucking gun pointed to your head and forced you to read oand/r respond to this post. There are about 72 pages worth of posts in General Messages and I don't read or repsoned to most of them. Why? Becasue I have enoough sense to know when I read the title of a post that the subject is positive or negative.

You are the one who needs to get a life becasue you wast you time responding to subjects you object to.

· Chionophile
40,400 Posts
lizchris said:
Someone asked me what nasty comments Jennifer made about other players. These were the ones I came up with. If you don't like it, you have two choices, read it and move on or don't come to this post at all. You act as if someone has a fucking gun pointed to your head and forced you to read oand/r respond to this post. There are about 72 pages worth of posts in General Messages and I don't read or repsoned to most of them. Why? Becasue I have enoough sense to know when I read the title of a post that the subject is positive or negative.

You are the one who needs to get a life becasue you wast you time responding to subjects you object to.
Yeah well, I read this thread cause I wanted to read the article (which you didn't write, and you just happened to post). Instead, I was forced to also read your BS desperate attempts to make certain players look bad by bringing up what they said from 2 years ago. YOU need to get a life. Tell me have you got those quotes saved on your hard disk? Read them every night before you go to bed? :lol:

· Registered
1,517 Posts
Justine et Coria écrivaient:
As a "French speaker" like Justine, i don't understand it the way some of you did. English is not her mother thong, and I don't think she wanted the word "behind" to be the key-word in her sentence.
She just meant after Serena and Venus, there are other players. --> Well, in fact, I, myself, can't make a good sentence, without suggesting Serena and Venus are better players.
However, I'm sure Justine didn't want to mean Venus/ Serena are better than her.
I was going to ask a question about this, but thankfully you already answered it.

It could be worse, though. Imagine if she had said something like, "There's tennis beyond Venus and Serena." I can only imagine how the Cult of Williams would argue that Justine was trying to say there's tennis better than the Williamses.

Maybe Justine should have spoken in Russian, and used the word "za", which can translate to either "behind" or "beyond". Then everybody here could have an even bigger field day with her comments. :D

· Registered
20,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Sam L said:
Yeah well, I read this thread cause I wanted to read the article (which you didn't write, and you just happened to post). Instead, I was forced to also read your BS desperate attempts to make certain players look bad by bringing up what they said from 2 years ago. YOU need to get a life. Tell me have you got those quotes saved on your hard disk? Read them every night before you go to bed? :lol:
So you read an article that I posted and instead of just going on to something else, you decided to read my posts that you refer to as BS and then respond by posting what I consider to be BS? But I am the one who needs to get a life, OK.

The only thing I have saved on my hard drive are the pictures of you licking Justine's ass and I really have to get rid of them becasue I am suposed to clean my hard drive every day. :lol: :lol:

· Chionophile
40,400 Posts
lizchris said:
So you read an article that I posted and instead of just going on to something else, you decided to read my posts that you refer to as BS and then respond by posting what I consider to be BS? But I am the one who needs to get a life, OK.

The only thing I have saved on my hard drive are the pictures of you licking Justine's ass and I really have to get rid of them becasue I am suposed to clean my hard drive every day. :lol: :lol:
Eww, whatever gets you off I suppose.

Also who said I read that post I quote of yours. I glanced over it and I knew what you were going to say because, oh you know, it's been done like 20 times before, and it's 2 YEARS OLD! lol Get new material. Please!

· Banned
1,735 Posts
Well, I'm a big WS fan. However I am willing to give J2H the benefit of the doubt since English is not her first language. Lord knows that I would hate to be interviewed in French or Spanish. I'd probably wind up insulting everyone who speaks those languages without meaning to.

Those of us who speak English as our primary language often don't have ANY idea how complicated it is.

Homonyms? Phew.

And just think how the meaning of a sentence can change depending on which word you emphasize.

Examples:

I don't think I like Justine.

:( :angel:

Reactions: Lady

· Registered
20,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Sam L said:
Eww, whatever gets you off I suppose.

Also who said I read that post I quote of yours. I glanced over it and I knew what you were going to say because, oh you know, it's been done like 20 times before, and it's 2 YEARS OLD! lol Get new material. Please!
Apparently you don't get it; I was being sarcastic! :rolleyes: Why would I waste my time downloading garbage like that?

41 - 60 of 84 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.