Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 4 attempts of a near winning performances against Justine, Jelena finally gets a chance of going a step further.

Justine will play her 3rd round match today, and possibly her QF later against Jelena..:eek:

comments.....

·
Registered
13,990 Posts
Why is that :eek: ??? So many players in their careers played two matches in the same day...

Regarding we are talking about JuJu, and that her first opponent is MEC, she won't even feel it. It will be just one nice warm-up for her.

Still, I'm expecting another three sets match, with JJ winning :drool: :D

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^

i agree with you, but this is a special case with Jelena and Justine.
they played 4 times in a very close matches and i tell you those matches Jelena alomost had in her hands the victory..

I just think that Justine playing a match before her encounter with Jelena today might be a factor, a boost of confidence for Jelena to finally step it up against Justine.

Yeah, Justine might not be that tired, but Jelena should still take advantage....

·
Registered
9,212 Posts
Justine will have a disadvantage, but she still has the game to win.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^^

do you really think that?
wow...
so it is safe to say now that jelena is Justine's bitch....

·
Registered
15,098 Posts
nope Kuznetsova is Justines bitch...
hehe...
yes Jankovic has a chance...
and a few weeks later again during the FO to meet up with Justine

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
Jankovic is more tired player this week than Justine and that is only reason why she have so much problems with players like Medina or Peng. She played week after week whole year and also she still playing in doubles in Berlin.

Before Warsaw JJ finaly have one week of rest and against JuJu she proove that nobody at clay is not dangeruos for Henin in this moment like Jelena. But tommorow Jankovic will be much tired than in Warsaw SF.

·
Registered
23,560 Posts
Even if Henin wins in 3 vs MEC (which wont happen) i wont bet henin to beat jelena.

but if that match is postpone due to the unexpected rain

justine might play QF and SF tomorrow and then it will be tough for her if she wanna beat petrova/kuznetsova...

but if it is a sunny day...justine shud win 2 matches today and 1 tomorrow

·
Registered
515 Posts
Camerin is playing well of lately, so Justine better not be looking ahead to her match with Jelena, Camerin will make her work for the win to some extent . I don't see it going 3 sets but there can be a 7-5 set in there. If Henin advances to play Jankovic, I think this match is a toss up regardless. And zero effect on Henin playing 2 matches in one day, but Jankovic will feel that she can make Henin fatigue. Henin won't be playing two matches tomorrow , what if it rains? :rain:
Mauresmo has to play two matches tomorrow as well potentially , she will be looking to end her match quick with vakulenko and take on Safina. And if Amelie ends her match fast she will have some extra confidence going into the match with Dinara and with the engine warm already can beat up on Dinara in set 1.:devil:

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
eh jelena isnt playing her best either.. idk whats going to happen but go jelena!!

·
Registered
11,058 Posts
well it really depends on a lot of factors. Justine is playing Camerin so likelyhood of her being pushed too much is not high. Which means that match could serve as a good warm up for Henin. In any case Justine is amongst the fittest players on tour so i don't think it will be a big factor.

Jankovic just needs to play very well and take her chances (which she hasn't in the past against Justine. Obviously Justine is easily the best clay courter going around but she's not unbeatable - as evidence by Petrova and Patty last year

·
Registered
170,920 Posts
juju is too strong...

·
Registered
84,762 Posts
Re:Justine will play(probably) two matches today, will Jelena finally get her chance?

although i really don't want to say this,i think justine's gonna lose:(
i'll keep my fingers crossed.;)

·
Rena's Army
35,200 Posts
I see JH winning again....I can't get on the JJ train

1 - 20 of 26 Posts