Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
24,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seven straight losses. Total helplessness. Justine KNOWS she has no shot the momen ...

Ah never mind. Who am I fooling? This is just a trivial reaction to 'Serena Fears Justine', and not particularly funny at that. So let me take a more serious tack.

Does Justine need to change her game to beat Venus? Or just keep doing what she's doing? If you picked 'change', WHAT change?

·
Registered
18,664 Posts
Again, Venus hasn't faced the new Justine YET.

·
Registered
47,657 Posts
Volcana said:
Seven straight losses. Total helplessness. Justine KNOWS she has no shot the momen ...

Ah never mind. Who am I fooling? This is just a trivial reaction to 'Serena Fears Justine', and not particularly funny at that. So let me take a more serious tack.

Does Justine need to change her game to beat Venus? Or just keep doing what she's doing? If you picked 'change', WHAT change?

Hahahha......and how is THIS one about fearing a player?!

·
Registered
880 Posts
Justine fears Venus- not Serena.

I actually do remember reading that Justine would actually rather play Serena than play Venus. Justine had commented that with Serena she at least knows she's human, but with Venus her stoic persona during the match is a little hard to get use to. She (Justine) said something like it's easier to play a player with emotion than one without.... So maybe Justine fears Venus?

·
Registered
47,657 Posts
Stefwhit said:
I actually do remember reading that Justine would actually rather play Serena than play Venus. Justine had commented that with Serena she at least knows she's human, but with Venus her stoic persona during the match is a little hard to get use to. She (Justine) said something like it's easier to play a player with emotion than one without.... So maybe Justine fears Venus?
Yeah, maybe she knows that with Venus not even the hand-trick will work!

·
Registered
18,664 Posts
bandabou said:
Yeah, maybe she knows that with Venus not even the hand-trick will work!
I guess serena was too stupid to fall for it, huh? :rolleyes:

Reactions: Kart

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
As Martian KC said it : VEnus still hasn't face the new Justine.
Besides, if I'm right : when Venus started her carreer, she had almost the same h-2-h against Hingis and Davenport. (don't blame me if i'm wrong : i'll say sorry !)
And i agree with the fact that justine fears Venus alot more than Serena. But, the fact that she's lost 7 times in a row, will make Justine a lot more determined !! And she knows, she could have won some matches, if she didn't choke or fear Venus.
Are you afraid of the new Justine, Volcana ? I have the feeling, that by making this thread you're convincing yourself first that Justine ain't real danger for Venus !

·
Registered
18,664 Posts
The same one that has a winning head to head against serena this year.:lol:

·
Registered
47,657 Posts
Martian KC said:
I guess serena was too stupid to fall for it, huh? :rolleyes:
Probably....but not even that. It´s when the crowd started to boo, that was what set her off. Remember this was the second time in her career(known of) that she gets this same treatment by the crowd!

·
Registered
47,657 Posts
Martian KC said:
The same one that has a winning head to head against serena this year.:lol:
´Cause she only gets to meet them on clay....tell her to play on hardcourts...we will see who´s the queen then.

·
Registered
18,664 Posts
bandabou said:
Probably....but not even that. It´s when the crowd started to boo, that was what set her off. Remember this was the second time in her career(known of) that she gets this same treatment by the crowd!

Now that you mention it, it is her 2nd time. The first time, she still got through. Why couldn't she get through the second time? :tape: Right, now I remember. It was the little steamroller named Justine! :lol:

·
Registered
8,951 Posts
Filip! said:
When was the last meeting with Venus? Australian Open? Come on, this is almost a year ago!

LOL Whatever. It was this year in staights sets, and at a Grand Slam 6-3 6-3!

·
Registered
47,657 Posts
Martian KC said:
Now that you mention it, it is her 2nd time. The first time, she still got through. Why couldn't she get through the second time? :tape: Right, now I remember. It was the little steamroller named Justine! :lol:
It´s easy for you to talk, it wasn´t your fav who got booed. I bet that if Justine lost her semi against Jen, you wouldn´t be laughing.

I´m just saying that sometimes a person can only take so much.

·
Registered
18,664 Posts
bandabou said:
It´s easy for you to talk, it wasn´t your fav who got booed. I bet that if Justine lost her semi against Jen, you wouldn´t be laughing.

I´m just saying that sometimes a person can only take so much.
Justine was booed just as much as serena did. :rolleyes: Why is it different when an american crowd does it? :confused:

·
Registered
17,877 Posts
Justine booed as much as Serena. now THAT is funny! :tape:

Reactions: selesfan

·
Registered
47,657 Posts
Martian KC said:
Justine was booed just as much as serena did. :rolleyes: Why is it different when an american crowd does it? :confused:
Really?! The booing Justine received didn´t come close to what Serena got at Paris! Don´t fool yourself. Besides I think the booing at the Open, was because they booed Serena at the French!

·
Registered
18,664 Posts
It sure is, because americans play it off like it never happened. It's rather more sad than funny.

1 - 20 of 176 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.