Tennis Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
French Face-Off ..... by Stephen Tignor​

Justine Henin is the two-time defending champion, but all eyes will be on Australian Open Winner SERENA WILLIAMS as Roland Garros begins.

Justine Henin - 2007 Prediction: CHAMPION

She's the best on clay and she bounced back quickly to win in Dubai and Doha after skipping the Australian Open due to marital troubles. The best combination of mover and hitter on tour, Henin blasted her way to the French title without dropping a set in 2006. But her nerves still drain her at the end of majors and a resurgent SERENA WILLIAMS will be looking to avenge her controversial loss to Henin at Roland Garros in 2003.

Serena Williams - 2007 Prediction: Runner-Up

The American is the Ultimate wild card in Paris. She skipped the last two French Opens, but won the title in 2002. As in Australia, she might struggle in the early rounds, but if she builds momentum no one can stop her on any surface. A match with Henin in front of a volatile Paris crowd might be the highligh of the women's season.

Serena Williams: GRAND SLAM CHAMPION
:worship: 57 Consecutive Weeks as World #1 :worship:​
:worship: Olympic Gold Medalist ('00 Doubles w/ Venus) :worship:​

·
Registered
128 Posts

But her nerves still drain her at the end of majors and a resurgent SERENA WILLIAMS will be looking to avenge her controversial loss to Henin at Roland Garros in 2003.

I see they just won't leave this topic alone. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
25,017 Posts
Let's go, Serena! Beat the Hand's ass to a pulp ;)

·
Registered
70 Posts
My god, if they actually do end playing eachother in the final, it will be a match for the ages, no doubt. Truly a once in a lifetime moment. Playing eachother for the first time in a grand slam final. Yeah, the surface will definitely favor Justine, but Serena in a grand slam final on any surface is nearly unstopable. Wow, I really hope this happens. Please let the draw corporate.

·
Premium Member
15,684 Posts
If this match were to happen its already going to be the biggest all year i would hope that it only happens in the final though because thats where these two would prolly produce the best match but either way its going to be an exciting Rolland Garros this year

·
Banned
4,328 Posts
RG is not easy to predict for women,i dont think justine will win.i think at the moment there are more contenders.sveta has a chance and any one of the new faces.

·
Rena's Army
35,200 Posts
the new faces haven't been proving themselves in the biggest moments so far and some of the older players can't handle the expectations at times so to me it would be a big surprise if at least one of those two aren't in the final

1 - 10 of 10 Posts